Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my 60 gallon tank on sunday from the lfs, i plan to put the sand in my tank,some plants that i have. for filtration im using my ac500 thats like a month old that is in my 29 gallon.

i plan to use some goldfishes that i have in my ten gallon to start the cycling process, is this a good way to start?what about Bio Spira can i use that?

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
If you 29 gallon is established just put an ammonia source in the new tank and put the ac500 on it. Barring killing off the bacteria you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
don't you have any plants? it's better for the water and the reds.......but mostly in 2 weeks the tank is ready for the real fish...you can also let your water test at the fishtank-shop.

but think about some plants and deco.....p's need to have hidding places.......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your tank is fully cycled when you have an ammonia reading of 0, a nitrIte reading of 0 and a nitrAte reading of about 10-20ppm but since you have an already established tank you can use the bacteria from that tank on your 60g and the process will go alot faster just keep checking your water parameters until you have the appropriate readings.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Feeding_Frenzy said:
Your tank is fully cycled when you have an ammonia reading of 0, a nitrIte reading of 0 and a nitrAte reading of about 10-20ppm
[snapback]893534[/snapback]​
What he said. You may want to consider adding another AC depending on how many fish you plan on having in the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts