Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· HENRY
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what would be better a 3"-4" Black Piranha Peru or a
Sanchezi Spilopluera 3"-4". i plan on getting one of them from aqua scape

the tank that i have available is a 29 gallon tank, wich one will live longer in the 29 gallon until i upgrade to a biger tank?

· Registered
1,693 Posts
i'm saying spilo (if irritan is not an option) just becasue my rhom is great looking but about as much fun as watching paint dry. as far as the irritan being too expensive, it's all relative. with an irritan you'll have to ultimately buy a smaller and less expensive tank for life than a rhom or spilo in a year. the money you save on a tank in a year could be applied to the irritan now, or is that a bad idea and totally out of the scope of the discussion? i was just thinking that an irritan would take much longer to need a bigger tank and would ultimately only need a 40 gal long right? if it's between the rhom and spilo, i'd get one of those golds at aquascape from the feeding video. they rule.

G

·
Correct. Mine is a suspected Sanchezi or that is peoples best guess so far. Still trying to get a good photo and it Id'd. If you plan on keeping the fish for life you are going to need a big tank for the Rhom but that is years off. They will probably grow at a similar pace so the choice is yours. I like the eyes and darkness of a Rhom, but the red colouring of my Sanchezi looks nice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.