Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came into the room to check on my 2.5 inch rhom and he was swimming irradically, and he seemed disoriented. Now he is just lying on his side on the bottom of the tank. Please help me.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
i came into the room to check on my 2.5 inch rhom and he was swimming irradically, and he seemed disoriented. Now he is just lying on his side on the bottom of the tank. Please help me.
what are your water parameters?
whats the temp?
any sign of disease, how long have you had him?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ammonia, ph was is at 6.8, temp is at 78, ive had him since august. I have had trouble getting him to eat, do you think it could be starvation?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
No ammonia, ph was is at 6.8, temp is at 78, ive had him since august. I have had trouble getting him to eat, do you think it could be starvation?
what are you feeding him? why wont he eat, try different things when was the last time he ate

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried shrimp, halibut, more shrimp, squid, ive tried to use garlic guard. The only things that i have seen him eat are the two zebra fish i had in the tank when i first put him in, and sometimes it looks like he eats a little bit of the shrimp but i can never really tell.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
I've tried shrimp, halibut, more shrimp, squid, ive tried to use garlic guard. The only things that i have seen him eat are the two zebra fish i had in the tank when i first put him in, and sometimes it looks like he eats a little bit of the shrimp but i can never really tell.
serras are hard to train to eat non live food, throw some fish in there and hell nibble on them, thats mostly what they do until they are larger

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just put a couple fish in there, but it looks like he is in no shape to get them.

Should i do a water change?

·
Registered
523 Posts
i just put a couple fish in there, but it looks like he is in no shape to get them.

mine did that when i moved him. they can go a long time without food. i trained mine to eat dead stuff by adding more P's so there would be competition for food. to fix him from being on his side i raised temp to 88 and gave salt.

goodluck

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

mine did that when i moved him. they can go a long time without food. i trained mine to eat dead stuff by adding more P's so there would be competition for food. to fix him from being on his side i raised temp to 88 and gave salt.

goodluck
[/quote]
good call raise the temo and salt him a bit

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
thanks for all the help, for now ill just wait and hope he pulls through.
good luck buddy, keep us posted is he still on his side?
[/quote]
word em up keep us posted

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the help, for now ill just wait and hope he pulls through.
good luck buddy, keep us posted is he still on his side?
[/quote]
he's not on his side, but it looks like he is breathing very quickly

nevermind, he is back on his side again.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
yea a pic would be nice too, of ur tank and a close up of ur P
word, is he ok, turn off the lights too
[/quote]

why do people say to do that, i know when i did that when my fish was sick he started moving around more. why does that help? (turn off light)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
he is in a 55 with a ac 110 filter, he is alone in the tank besides the feeder i tossed in about 30 min ago. he was hiding behind a rock so when i moved it to take the pic he started swimming pathetically.

Pics are on the way.

·
Registered
523 Posts
he is in a 55 with a ac 110 filter, he is alone in the tank besides the feeder i tossed in about 30 min ago. he was hiding behind a rock so when i moved it to take the pic he started swimming pathetically.

Pics are on the way.
feeders always spell trouble. you should really be feeding dead stuff to your fish. sick feeder = sick P. try to transition in the future to dead stuff....shrimp krill....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts