Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
fw barricuda a friend of mine has a bunch of these. he has one that is 10''. he says that they can grow to about 12'' i would feed them pretty much the same thing as your p's. would stay away from live feeders. he also says he feeds them some small shrimp that is cut up but fish fillets, worms. he keeps all his tanks between 75-82 deg. i would not keep anything wiht it that is smaller than it. it will view it as food. good luck keep us posted

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i am working on a better pic of him for you, on top of it i am getting a 10" one tomorrow after work, LOL that'll make two that i have. i havent seen him eat yet, but he is in my new (bought last night) 38g tank with 3 Hujetas, 1 14" Dragon fish, 2 yellow tail spiney eels, and a new Polypturous i bought tonight from work!! look later tonight for more pics of this guy and i will for sure take pics of the new guy tomorrow as he comes in and he is supossed to already be 10" my only fear is the hujetas being a snack for the 10"er. the dorodos have a red tail this guy has a dominant yellow tail on him with a black spot in the middle of it. pics coming soon.

· Registered
13,105 Posts
firepisser8104 said:
ok i am working on a better pic of him for you, on top of it i am getting a 10" one tomorrow after work, LOL that'll make two that i have. i havent seen him eat yet, but he is in my new (bought last night) 38g tank with 3 Hujetas, 1 14" Dragon fish, 2 yellow tail spiney eels, and a new Polypturous i bought tonight from work!! look later tonight for more pics of this guy and i will for sure take pics of the new guy tomorrow as he comes in and he is supossed to already be 10" my only fear is the hujetas being a snack for the 10"er. the dorodos have a red tail this guy has a dominant yellow tail on him with a black spot in the middle of it. pics coming soon.
[snapback]875543[/snapback]​
Sorry Filo, stinkyfish, deleted your posts because of the pic size (too lazy to resize it and you guys were just giving each other sh*t anyway...)

Um, lots of things to cover here! 38 gal is not going to work for a 10" cuda, I don't think my 100 gal would work. Also, the two thirds rule that I preach is in full effect! Any fish 2/3 the size of a cuda is fair game to be eaten!!!! Please get this post before you make that purchase!

· Registered
10,778 Posts
^ nice to know that instead of just editing out the pics from my post, my entire post was deleted...hence keeping me from explaining myself to these idiotic remarks. great job. this forum is great.

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, the 10" didnt even come in today, and i just picked up another 125 for $400. So if and when i get him he will go in there if not i plan on getting an arrowanna or two soon. I am well aware of the 2/3 rule the 1 that i do have is at 5.5" now so i may wait till i get this new tank setup, i may not get him at all, i dont know yet. I am just gonna have to wait and see what happens. Does anyone know if this "barracuda" or what ever it's common name is is a nocturnal eater or a day eater? I have yet to see him eat but he is getting fatter every morning, and when i get home from work.

· The Lord Himself is Life to me
3,861 Posts
As I said before, I am pretty definite that it is a A. Falcirostris. I have owned a few. They were housed with other fw barracuda and pike. They were fine together as long as one didn't out grow the other. He would eat right infront of me. But they do need swimming room. They can be on the skittish side, so cover and a dimmed light is appreciated.

What and how are you feeding him? When I had my cuda tank, as soon as I opened the lid everybody was up and out looking for food.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.