Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fish was caught on May 26 at Diamond lake by the fellow in the topic Description. The record for the lake is 12 1/2 lbs. The fish measured 28 inches and the young man fought the fish for 15 minutes in order to land it.

Diamond Lake is about 1 hour from where I live.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
If I caught a fish that big I dont think that I could just release it. I usually catch and release, but for a fish that big I would have to get it mounted or something.

~Dj

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
id eat it trout fried with hot sauce mmm mmm good

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Some of my family have caught 12lb trout I think before in Oregon. I didn't know it was a record though

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
In alaska they are bigger but they are salmon lol

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pcrose Posted on Jun 6 2003, 05:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In alaska they are bigger but they are salmon lol
Well here's the rub, once these rainbows head to sea, they become another species; steelhead. pcrose if you and Kevin show up Saturday early morning (8 a.m.ish) we have free fishing throughout Oregon. I intend to hit the rivers, lakes early. Not that I don't have a fishing license. I do, its lifetime.

·
Registered
696 Posts
yeah u ought to go slamon or tuna fishing, I have been fishing for some latge stuff in my days, tarpon, sail fish, marlin, barracuda, sharks, sturgeon, walleye, and so on. Got to love goin steelhead fishing with lead core line and catch them trolling and realing in 250 yards of lead core line, talk about an arm killer.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bcollins111900 Posted on Jun 6 2003, 03:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah u ought to go slamon or tuna fishing, I have been fishing for some latge stuff in my days, tarpon, sail fish, marlin, barracuda, sharks, sturgeon, walleye, and so on. Got to love goin steelhead fishing with lead core line and catch them trolling and realing in 250 yards of lead core line, talk about an arm killer.
Been there done that. Used to go deep sea fishing along the Catalina Islands, but since I suffered two auto accidents a few years back, my equilibrium is destroyed in my inner ear. So I suffer from motion sickness. Not even pills or patches has been able to cure it, so I have to be satified with shore fishing. I hate it, but do the best I can.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
If you mean this saturday kev has class and then we have to head to my cousins grad party and then mine as well on sunday. Thanks for the invite though and I want to go deepsea fishing someday. We will all go fishing someday

·
Registered
362 Posts
went deepsea fishing in march caught like 26 fish in three hours we caught mahi mahi (spelling) king mackeral tuna and some others i forget im get the king mackeral mounted it was awsome we came across a school of mahi mahi and were pulling them in like crazy like we drop the line they were on it no joke it was an aswome experience

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
dead golfish said:
went deepsea fishing in march caught like 26 fish in three hours we caught mahi mahi (spelling) king mackeral tuna and some others i forget im get the king mackeral mounted it was awsome we came across a school of mahi mahi and were pulling them in like crazy like we drop the line they were on it no joke it was an aswome experience
that musta been fun as hell

i would like to do some deep sea fishing.

the most fishing i ever did (on a boat) was out on Lake Erie. i was real young and all we caught was bluegill
. i would like to catch some real monsters some day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.