Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i moved theres no gym around here...i was thinking about buying a bowflex...and i was just wondering if its as effective as freeweights..it kinda looks like a machine and i heard that machines dont really give u any form or gain in muscle?

u think its a good investment

·
tap or snap
11,898 Posts
they're not going to be as good as freeweights, i can tell you that much. i imagine the bowflex is just like the row machines and cable machines. it'll build muscle but your overall strength might not be as high up as would be if you used freeweights. reason being that when using freeweights you have to use stabilizer muscles and the primary/secondary muscles. with cables and machines, the machine does the stabilizing for you.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oo...i got dumbells that i do flys with and curl with...thats about it besides running i have nothing else...so i just thought from the commercial maybe itd be a good investment since there are no gyms

·
tap or snap
11,898 Posts
if theres no gyms, then yeah it'll be a good investment. just mix up the exercises.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
bowflex=sh*t

did you no there was a HUGE recall on it not too long ago due to faulty parts?

dont buy into the commercials... all you need is an adjustable bench, curl and straight bar, weights and maybe a squat rack or lat pull

i can turn my bench into a makeshift squat rack

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
K fizzly said:
bowflex is more portable and more things u can do with a bowflex tho ...a bench would be nice but not to much u can do with a bar and some wieght
[snapback]844986[/snapback]​
you gotta be kidding me
an adjustable bench and dumbells is all you need

chest- bench, incline, incline flyes.... a cable crossover would be nice but you can get one

tris- closed grip bench, skullcrushers, tricep extension with dumbell or curl bar

delts- military press, behind the neck press, arnold press, side laterals, rear laterals, front laterals

quads... squat.... you can find a bench that can also be a squat rack

hams... STDL

back... deadlift, bentover row, incline row,

just to name a few exersises

you can do everything with a straight bar and dumbells exept lat pull and cable crossovers

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
K fizzly said:
gracias...guess the money i saved up for a bowflex can be put to good use elsewhere...just space wise im not sure wut to get...ne idea...i got about a G saved up
[snapback]845021[/snapback]​
more than enough.... my entire weight set was somewhere around 400... then you can get either a dumbell rack with a bunch of weights or they have these adjustable dumbell things... do you have a fitness store near you?

and champs has this chinup bar for $30 that attaches to a doorframe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.