Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my red bellies seems to be unusal lazy and they have like a nasty thing on their body, it looks like schampo or white nasty sh*t almost like sperm... the other 6 seems to be happy but not these 2...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no cam but i know that my nitrite halt have been high and ive been doing 50% water changes with 3 days after each...
the white stuff looks like schampo, ill go to the stora tomorrow with one of my p and let them look at it...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
it looks like shampoo? - what? do you mean frothey?
is it in patches covering the scales?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks like a thin layer of a white nasty looking sh*t... like a thin layer of sperm or schampo i dont know what is called in america but if you put food out side the fridge it will start to ....... after a while and it looks like that

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you have slime desiese, I suggest you do a 30-40% water change, and medicate for slime desiese, also add some salt to your tank (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, assuming you don't already have any)
the spermy patches will most likely peel off and expose the side of your piranha, but it should recover if treated.
It may look nasty though

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh thanks mate, i must say that this is the best site ever... the other sites with forum are they so slow with answering

well wish me luck mate

and thanks alot

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Good luck, and get that treatment started now, as slime can kill your fish, if it covers the gills the fish may suffocate.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I would suggest you use aquarium salt - it is pretty cheap from your local fish shop.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
now that you mention it, I would kind of like a new house

1 - 14 of 14 Posts