Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy do you think it would be okay to put a black bull head catfish I jus caught in my p tank and use for a clean up fish.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Might work, never know until you try it out...Catfish seem to do better than most, but I would be conserned about the dramatic change in temp for the dude.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Theoretically it should be okay (untill it become lunch), but I would be more worried that it would tranfer some parasite or desease to your fish. Especially when it seems you hve such expensive ones. Give it a try though, and let us know how it goes.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You can always give it a try but you know your Ps may believe it's a new feeder...there is a risk of introducing parasites or disease as Insinuasian said!

·
Registered
972 Posts
If your P is big enough to swallow it, it will probably die. They have 3 really big and sharp spines. 1 on the dorsal and 2 on the fins.

I wouldn't take the chance if it were me. Not when a net to get the dead fish out works just fine.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I say give it a try before you put it in you can quarantine it and treat it for any parasites and it can get use to your temp of your water in the quarantine tank. If you need help ask Frank

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Reckoning said:
If your P is big enough to swallow it, it will probably die. They have 3 really big and sharp spines. 1 on the dorsal and 2 on the fins.

I wouldn't take the chance if it were me. Not when a net to get the dead fish out works just fine.
Well siad.

Keep in mind also that Bull heads have deceptively large mouths and constant hungry bellies. A similiar sized BH won't hesitate to try and make a meal out of a piranha. They are very "Red tail cat like" in behavior and I personally wouldn't dare keep a RTC with piranhas.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i would not risk it for all the reasons mentioned above especially the parisite infection thing.adding that fish to a new enviroment may cause stress leading to it becoming ill and transfering this to your p's
not worth the risk get a pleco
dixon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts