Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok to start i have a 55 gallon tank with three redbellies , i have a 330 bio wheel plus a bio wheel mini plus a small power head and a huge one i think the big ones a 1200 but im not exactly sure..anyways my water was real clear and then all of a sudden it got cloudy ive used water clarifier and also some stuff that takes out nitrates and ammonia and all that but its still cloudy...i just dont understand wut it could be unless in my paranoid opinion one of my asshole friends poured beer or some sh*t in my tank could this be the cause or is it just some problem that i dont even know i have..pls help

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Well if you have a friend who poured sh*t in ur tank, he isnt your friend.

How long has this tank been established? You say you added stuff to remove ammonia? If your tank is cycled there shouldnt really be ammonia present.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey BruceLee420, can you post your aquarium's water parameters? How much turnover rate does both you filters have combined? A good offensive is water changes, and doing 20% every other day should help. Also, feed less while the tanks clears up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the tank parameters are all good like 0 ammonia and a little nitirite and nitrate but very small amounts...and i dont over feed them but i have fed them some odd stuff like crab and stuff like that...it may have caused some clouding but for 3 weeks is weird to me...thx for the help

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and also the stuff i added takes out basically everything from ammonia to nitrates and everything in between its called prime and its definatly not the problem since i had this problem even before i bought it

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey, i'm having the same problem, my tank is a new setup only been running for 1 week(120gal), has some cichlids in their now...added special stuff to increse cycle process... anyways i'm sure my merceness is from the new rocks and special gravel i have in their, but it doesent seem to be clearing up, onlky getting worse if anything.

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
here is the most important question of all ...

DID YOU CYCLE ?

·
13,643 Posts
Is it supposed to go milky looking in first cycle?
Really Now , Can you tell me or show me where it states this ?
Tanks become cloudy because the tank has not cycled or is in its cyclying process, but not Milky ....
I just moved to 210 over the weekend using my old rocks and some old fluvals that i have had running , I didnt add fish , just let it run ...

My water never clouded up ...Plus after testing my parametrs after 5 days of running it read like this ..
Trate=0
trite=.5
p.h=6.8
ammonia=0

I still have not intorduced fish yet ...this Saturday the parameters should be tittes for me .

·
13,643 Posts
water boy said:
ok, so how should i get rid of the cloudy/milkyness? its not real bad, but it could definelty be alot better. just wait it out? or do water changes everyday or everysecond day?
[snapback]830214[/snapback]​
Can you tell me how you started and what you used to get started .....and will go from there ..

P.S. If you are just starting the process out , Water changes will only pro-long the cycling process , the more water you take out the more bacteria leaves the tank and has to start up again ...

Best thing to do is be patient , wait it out , and if water changes need to be done , Caused from spikes .etc. MINIMAL water changes can be done , but very Minimal ..

Personnally I would contact Don H. He is a water genius ...
If you are haveing difficulties with your tanks paramters .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.