Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I put my venestus in my tank with my Flowerhorn and Midas about 3-4 weeks ago because he was getting harassed too bad in my African's tank. I felt bad for the lil guy (he was about 3") and wanted him to be happy for a year or so before I found him another home or took him to the lfs.

Everything was great, I thought. Neither fish ever chased him but the flowerhorn would if he got close, but never pursued him.

I came home from work today and like I do everyday, go look at the lil guy because he's always at the top waiting for me to feed him, but I couldn't find him. I looked inside and saw a pile of bones and the rest of him was eaten. I knew right away who the culprit was and I looked at the flowerhorn and there he was flaring at me and had a fat belly. He thinks he's way cool now or something.

I was so stupid to trust him and I should have taken the venestus back to the lfs instead of putting him in there.

The worst thing is, I put my hand in there to grab the bones and that sob flowerhorn bit me! Like he was trying to teach me a lesson for putting another fish in there. So I tried to net the bones and the flowerhorn does what he always does and grabs the net so I just let him have it so I could grab the bones. He thinks he's so cool now thrashing on a dead net.

I didn't feel like dealing with him right now so I just left it in there.

As much as I love my flowerhorn and Midas, I'll sure miss my lil baby venestus tho. The poor guy would still be here if he had an intelligent keeper. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to a learning experience.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sucks when you have good intensions and they go as plan..

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I should go back to keeping p's and get one that will kick the crap out of that FH.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Sorry to hear that

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
HawgHunter11 said:
Thanks guys. Maybe I should go back to keeping p's and get one that will kick the crap out of that FH.
You have a lot of varieties to avenge with

Sorry about your fish man

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah man If my flowerhorn ever bit me, I'd scoop him Up and dump him to my LOYAL Shoal... They'd never bite me!!!!! and they'd kick the piss out of the flower horn.... Then eat him. NO BONES!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I want your flowerhorn - sorry about your loss

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
garybusey said:
Yeah man If my flowerhorn ever bit me, I'd scoop him Up and dump him to my LOYAL Shoal... They'd never bite me!!!!! and they'd kick the piss out of the flower horn.... Then eat him. NO BONES!
Well, I just put up with it because that's what fish do. They don't do anything to be mean. He thinks that tank is his and he just doesn't like my hand or the net in there is all. I just live with it.

I want your flowerhorn - sorry about your loss
Thank you Innes.

I'm not sure if all fh's are like this or not. I have a 9" that is pretty mean, but not like this guy (Hatred) is.

Not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted somewhere about Hatred killing my P when I put him in the p's tank for a minute. 30 mins later I look and Hatred had him in his mouth and was coming from the top of the tank diving to the bottom and slamming him into the gravel. I tried to get the p out of his mouth but I couldn't do it w/o maybe hurting Hatred so I just let him eat him.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
garybusey said:
Since my Flowerhorn has already liquidated a p 1v1 (In the P's tank!) it WOULD take a shoal. LMAO!

If you put a p into a "shoal" of CA's your p would be destroyed too.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
HawgHunter11 said:
Not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted somewhere about Hatred killing my P when I put him in the p's tank for a minute. 30 mins later I look and Hatred had him in his mouth and was coming from the top of the tank diving to the bottom and slamming him into the gravel. I tried to get the p out of his mouth but I couldn't do it w/o maybe hurting Hatred so I just let him eat him.
I did see it - is there any chance of a video of its aggression and interaction?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I edited the last post due to a board glitch - I did not change any content

1 - 17 of 17 Posts