Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question : I have looked through many different forms of books and other media sources at my local borders store where my cousin works, and have tried to succesfully arrive at the conclusion that my latest addition to the aquarium is a yellow ternetzi.....but lately he has been showing a little red on the anal fin and in sunlight a little pink on his flanks (reflection if the angle is just right) but for the most part, he is usually yellow-gold everywhere...any suggestions ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, I was just trippin' like wtf ? cause the red comes and goes depending on time of day and stuff too... pretty cool. next time I'm gonna get a better side shot of him so I can get those pretty teeth.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The pic you have posted is of a Pygocentrus Nattereri or red-bellied piranha.It is not a Ternetzi aka Yellow form Nattereri.Terns have some red in th anal fin but none in their eyes.Yours has red in the eyes from the way the picture looks.Terns also do not have any red on the gill plate or abdomen.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The pic you have posted is of a Pygocentrus Nattereri or red-bellied piranha.It is not a Ternetzi aka Yellow form Nattereri.Terns have some red in th anal fin but none in their eyes.Yours has red in the eyes from the way the picture looks.Terns also do not have any red on the gill plate or abdomen
Just thinking the same thing the eyes are of a Red belly.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Yup, redbelly all the way.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
My 10-11" Rbs look just like that picture of your P. Alot of Ps do loose coloration becuase of age and depending on water balance in the tank. How big is your P and how long have you had him?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.