Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
He should be fine. If you can put him in a quarantine tank with a higher temp and some salt.

I have seem P's recover from much worse.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i had a rbp get attacked worse than that and he's fully recovered. one bite was so bad you could see into his little visceral area or chest cavity or the fish equivalent, whatever. warmer water and some salt and plenty of food and he'll be okay in a few weeks. seperate him if at all possible to ensure he doesn't have to defend himself in a weakened state if it's not necessary. you can add him again after he heals most likely. the one i almost lost is back in action in my shoal throwing his little personality around (which probably got his ass kicked in the first place).

·
Registered
360 Posts
it'll recover fine (just check to see whether the bite out of the lower part of the body has actually gone through the to body cavity .... check to make sure that the anus is still there --- if not, not much chance of survival) --- pop it into a quarantine tank.

And looks like a red belly though, not a tern

carl

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Thats a tern lophius. Either quarantine the fish in a hospital tank or at least put up a divider in the tank. Seperate that fish and give it a chance to heal.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
damn
hope he gets well bro, better pray

·
Registered
198 Posts
Like everyone has posted put him in a tank on his own for a while an he should recover fine!! My spilo got on the wrong sid of the divid while i was at work, an my Rhom had a go, lets just say he looked real rough an he's still here LOL

Tom

·
Registered
573 Posts
lophius said:
it'll recover fine (just check to see whether the bite out of the lower part of the body has actually gone through the to body cavity .... check to make sure that the anus is still there --- if not, not much chance of survival) --- pop it into a quarantine tank.

And looks like a red belly though, not a tern

carl
[snapback]914228[/snapback]​
youre on crack its definately a tern carl...

make sure he can still sh*t cuz thats the only real probly that looks like might happen with that kind of damage

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
damn he got jacked the Fuk up. sorry to hear that

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
wow that,s a big bite , ill hope he make,s it

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
That will heal quickly. I would say a week tops.Edit -- did not see bottom bite...ouch. you may want to get some advice from DonH on how best to treat that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
it will heal, my small piraya got worse before.. just make sure you separate, and do extra water changes. salt + melafix works too

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Damn that looks bad.
The top part would definately heal, but the area around the anal fin... depends on how bad and deep the injury is, it may grow back (with deformation) or caused problems internaly if vital organs or digestive system were harmed as well.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He is a SHE!! Eggs are all over the place...

I have moved her to a 20gal, covered in towels (to keep the heat in, and to keep it dark)
I have put in melafix.. damn stuff smells gooood... but smells like its homeopathic or something.

·
Registered
793 Posts
heres sum help from expereince of my old tern that died a long time ago. but he was hurt much worth than that and he couldnt swim much at all but see if the fish has trouble swimming if he does try to find a way to keep him right side up with without swimming so he doesnt use his eneregy to swim but to heal my method was to use a stick (chopstick) and press him against the glass enought so that hes up right and i let him stand like that for hours and when i took oput the chopstick he was swimming again. and start recovering and then died from betrayl by my other 2 terns. hope it helps

·
Registered
855 Posts
f*cking ouch man....duct tape and neosporin stat!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts