Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use an emperor 280 for filtration. Im really diggin it. My first biowheel. The fish in the second pic is a new addition and as far as I can tell it is a Telmatochromis dhonti. But Im not sure.

Eltwitcho- wow thanks man. I was actually hoping for some camera tips since I hate using the flash. Quite nice to hear after your camera work. That beast is only 3" long. His teeth have grown considerably in the last 3 months but I havent gotten any pics of good quality since. Its a Lepidiolamprologus meeli. The calvus is by far my favorite.
he owns the tank.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes.... quite the pecking order at that. If anyone has tried to mix larger tanganikans it gets complicated because they establish a large territory. The calvus is on top, and in descending order Pulcher, Meeli, dhonti, Chalinochromis sp"Ndobhoi" and the julidochromis last.

There is a trick I use that works 3/4 of the times. Add one fish at a time based on aggresiveness and size and let them establish territory first. Then add fish saving the most aggresive for last. Once a fish establishes territory it usually keeps it. No problems yet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
awesome tank and fish...
...you like the bio wheel? see i have the penguin 330 and it was good for a few weeks but im not happy with the filtration it gives and definately feel like i have to buy new filter inserts for it every few weeks which is becomming costly... lemme know what you think

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replys.....

It was a choice between the AC300 and the Emp 280. Ive used the ACs for like 7 years now and I must say Im impressed with the Emp so far. The media basket is what sold me. I probably wouldnt of gotten it without. So far I like it. Its gotten a nice culture going and slowed down turning but the ammonia, NO2, NO3 are staying down.

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,009 Posts
Those are some great pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.