Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suggest we solve the problem that happens when someone posts a large pic - it makes it so you have to scroll the screen across to read every post on that page and is really anoying.

I noticed on Cichlid Madness that this is not the case, you still have to scroll for the pic and the remainder of that post, but not for the other posts on that page - which is a much better way than we have it.

can we do this?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I agree it's pretty annoying, to say the least

Besides that, those huge pics are usually many 100's of kilobytes in size (sometimes even much more than a megabyte), which is pure hell for dial-up members (I mean, it takes many minutes to display just one of those pics...)

So please everyone, be a little considerate to those people and resize your pictures to about 500-640 pixels wide (which is more than enough to have a crisp and detailed picture): easier reading and much less loading time for dial-uppers...

About the solution Cichlid Madness has for this: I don't know what board software they use (what's their web-address again?), so I don't know if it's possible to install the hack they used at all...
Mike will most likely know the answer to this, but if everybody just takes the time to resize their pictures (a simple image editing program like MS PhotoEditor is sufficient to do this...) before posting them, it won't even be necessary to install hacks like that.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
cichlid madness uss the newer version of invision, which we will be upogradign too soon..... innes, did your mother ever tell you patience is a virtue?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think it's part of the new IBboard release, v1.2 (not 100% sure, tho).
We're still on the old version 1.1.x, and upgrading to the new version is on the to-do list, but until a final version is released there's little chance we'll upgrade the board software. But I heard that the final release is scheduled soon.
The version Cichlid Madness uses is no final version (it's a first release candidate), and might still contain bugs, errors etc, and be a little unstable. Those problems will be weeded out in the final version, but until then, I don't think Mike wants to take the risk and use a non-final version...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yip, that would be a great tool to have, with the option to enlarge if required...

plus it would save some load time if we can also reformat the pic at the same time then reproduce using less pixals?...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
plus it would save some load time if we can also reformat the pic at the same time then reproduce using less pixals?...
I don't think that's the case if an image is resized by the board software.
It'll be smaller than the original pixel-wise, but instead of it being a new and smaller image, it's just an instance of the original being scaled down (so the load time will be the same...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts