Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a week since i had my rhomb, its in a 55g with 2 small 2 inch reds in there, but he hasn't eatin anything, i tried feediing him brine shrimp, and raw white fish filet, and he doesn't ever bother, im getting kind of worried, i know he's still new to the tank, but his stomach looks like its getting smaller and thinner and he looks hungry, but will not eat, the little reds however eat whenever i throw anything in the water, im hoping that he would take out one of my little reds. what should i do? should i be worried? the previous owner had him on pellet food for 5 years, you think that could be it? HELP!

·
Registered
655 Posts
what size is your tank?
what are your water params?
have you changed what u have been feeding him or have u changed anything about the aquarium?

Any of these could help someone answer your question better

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 1/2 inches

water params i don't know, but the little reds have been eating no problem, i just got him a week, so its only been a week since he's been in the tank, and he hasn't eating a single thing since i put him in, im hoping that he would eat one of my little reds, he's 5 1/2 inches in a 55g.

·
Registered
655 Posts
also in ur sig is says u have a rhomb with 2 red bellies in a 55 this is not gonna last and could very well be causing stress to ur rhomb and i would suggest maybe upgrade the tank size if you can afford it but definatly remove the reds from the tank if they are in fact housed together

ok definatly remove the reds dude most likely they are causing stress to the rhomb

Also pick up a master test kit from your local fish store ASAP very important tool to have

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
#1 take the reds out,,,

then go from there

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
you definatly going to need to separate the reds and the rhom and you will more than likely need to get a bigger tank for the rhom. IMO you should have atleast a 100g+ for a rhom

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
its been a week since i had my rhomb, its in a 55g with 2 small 2 inch reds in there, but he hasn't eatin anything, i tried feediing him brine shrimp, and raw white fish filet, and he doesn't ever bother, im getting kind of worried, i know he's still new to the tank, but his stomach looks like its getting smaller and thinner and he looks hungry, but will not eat, the little reds however eat whenever i throw anything in the water, im hoping that he would take out one of my little reds. what should i do? should i be worried? the previous owner had him on pellet food for 5 years, you think that could be it? HELP!
you deffinetly need to take the red out first..pygo and Serra not a good mix in the same tank!......Then you need to give the rhom some time to get use to the envoriment..It can take days, weeks, or month for your romb to eat. But in the mean time you can introduce him/her with different food..if the rhom dont eat just keep introduce it to him/her it will eat we it hungry....It could be the previous owner fed him pellet and he get use to that not other food..but it good thing if you can get your rhom eat variety food.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you think the reds are causing him stress? the only reason why i have little reds in there was becuz i want my rhomb to kill those suckers and grow some balls, pardon the french, so i should just take those reds out huh? one of the reds is always in a cave hiding always skittish and scared, and the other red is kinda/sorta a finger chaser and he's actually pretty badazz.he already took a chunk of my rhombs anal fin 2 minutes after i dropped the rhomb in there the very first time.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I was going to say the same thing, but held my tounge.

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
He’s just anorexic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
u have no rhom my friend thats a sanchezi and why would you want your serra to eat your reds? 1 its cruel and 2 feeders are crap for your fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts