Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my black Piranha. hes 5 1/2". i only payed $25 for him. hes goin in a 265 soon. im makin an amazon tank with a TSN. 2 Pacus. and a peacock Bass.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
good luck keeping anything alive with him. My rhom allows nothing living in his tank besides a huge pleco and he beats him so bad I have to remove him to heal sometimes.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Yeah but he is terretorial and will most likely get in scuffles with the fish you plan on putting in this new tank. My 2 cents...i wouldnt risk it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yeah as far as the peacock bass go its all a matter of whos gonna eat who ... depends on whos gonna fit in whos mouth too ... this is another reason why the peacock bass has the false eye spot at the base of its tail

·
Registered
259 Posts
just put the rhom in its own tank and give me the 265 :rasp:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I could have sworn that peacock bass do not naturally share water with piranhas. They were introduced recently to help keep piranha populations down. If this is true, they did not develop the eyespot for safety from piranha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Peacock Bass will feed on smaller piranha and I believe they were introduced to control wild populations in some areas but they're more of a threat to juvi's and fry than to adults. Otherwise a Rhom will take out the P-bass or any other tankmate for that matter. The are very territorial and highly intolerant of any tank mates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
this might be doable with a tank size of 600 or so gallons... i guess you are unaware that tsn commonly attain sizes of 3.5ft and pacu commonly attain sizes of 30+ inches...? last time i checked the width on a 265 is not 3 and a half feet.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Nice rhom. :cool:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I am not trying to offend you, but i think that you have a medinai and not a rhom. see how there is red on the throat and around the pectoral fin, well that means that it is a medinai and medinai are sometimes sold as 'black piranha'. it is a very attractive piranha though. check out my webpage for more info on medinai: www.geocities.com/joegenin/index.html

Joe

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
yes i think frank will distinguish it rather quickly...i am almost 100% sure it is a medinai though. I have seen many pics on them and can usually tell one when I see one.

Joe

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Genin said:
I am not trying to offend you, but i think that you have a medinai and not a rhom. see how there is red on the throat and around the pectoral fin, well that means that it is a medinai and medinai are sometimes sold as 'black piranha'. it is a very attractive piranha though. check out my webpage for more info on medinai: www.geocities.com/joegenin/index.html

Joe
It is hard to tell from this pics but I would agree with you Genin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts