Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
well- im not really a big fan of commenting on small rhoms--- i like the big guys, BUT that is def. a nice one you have there!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! he's being kind of stubburn on his eating this week but he's getting Awesome colors in can't wait for him to get some size behind him

·
КГБ
6,210 Posts
awsome rhom and great shape but they dont turn into golds that depends onn the locality of the fish :nod:

·
5,336 Posts
thats lookin great man! what have you been feeding him? and what is your feeding technique?
my small rhoms eat salmon, talpia, catfish, cod, shrimp, octopus and squid no probs... i would definately recomend prazi-pro treatment, as you will see growth in a few days literally... and if you have probs with him eating use garlic guard, and/or suspend the food mid tank on a string, or chip clip (i use a piece of 18ga wire on a string, and make sure theres no way he can get ahold of it...) my rhoms wont touch anything that hits the bottom so, maybe worth a try for you...
maybe yours is the long lost brother or sister of mine? (just under 4 inches) and of the others i have, one is lookin like a sanchezi, and the other two like reg old rhoms... bob351 is right, they dont magially turn into golds, but with small fish like that, not captive bred... you never know, a variety bag if you will... so really they can turn into anything in the long run... as the seller has no idea who or what the parents are... and wishfull thinking never hurt... especially around the holiday season?

keep up the good work man! and sorry for the minor derail.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, i know he doesn't turned into a gold diamond or anything just meant his colors were coming in of a gold diamond thats all i meant , as for feeding he was getting brine shrimp, krill, talipa on my clip always suspended smelt the same way

Oh snap forgot about treating him with prazipro, i went the other day to get some they only had a large bottle of it i only needed a 1 oz bottle to treat him with off to get some thats for sure

·
5,336 Posts
Yeah, i know he doesn't turned into a gold diamond or anything just meant his colors were coming in of a gold diamond thats all i meant , as for feeding he was getting brine shrimp, krill, talipa on my clip always suspended smelt the same way

Oh snap forgot about treating him with prazipro, i went the other day to get some they only had a large bottle of it i only needed a 1 oz bottle to treat him with off to get some thats for sure
i treated mine once, and prob need to again... but theres no prazi pro in town so.... maybe get the big bottle and send me the leftovers?
they want 30$ to ship a bottle to me so... its worth a try

and thats what i was saying... nobody can say if its a GDR or not at this point... they all look the same at birth and nobody has seen the parents directly so... i would say you have a good chance of it... and hopefully so do i... definately try some salmon filet once a week or so, if you dont wana pay store price for whole fillets, my roomie works in a restraunt and gets pounds and pounds of salmon fillet trimmings, every other day... and whole shrimp, tail etc... depending where you are i might be able to hooks it up for nothing

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

i treated mine once, and prob need to again... but theres no prazi pro in town so.... maybe get the big bottle and send me the leftovers?
they want 30$ to ship a bottle to me so... its worth a try :laugh:
and thats what i was saying... nobody can say if its a GDR or not at this point... they all look the same at birth and nobody has seen the parents directly so... i would say you have a good chance of it... and hopefully so do i... definately try some salmon filet once a week or so, if you dont wana pay store price for whole fillets, my roomie works in a restraunt and gets pounds and pounds of salmon fillet trimmings, every other day... and whole shrimp, tail etc... depending where you are i might be able to hooks it up for nothing
[/quote]

A 4 oz btttle is 14.99 here and the 1oz is only 4 bucks i think shipping woul dbe less than 10 bucks to ship it to you man

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice rhom man looks like my baby rhom...mine has a yellow anal fin so im thinkin that his colors might follow the colors of yours.....u measure him?? and prazio-pro is a good way to go..im actually bout to put my lil guy on another dose of it. Lookin good though man
.....heres a lil comparison to mine Fin Office ruler Organism Ruler Fish

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts