Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would put in a live feeder today. After it went in i sat and watched nothing happened so i left them to it for half an hour. when i cam back i couldnt beleive my eyes the rhom and the gold fish was sat under one of the roots chilling they are still there now its been about 5 hours. bugger my rhoms a weed

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
ever seen sharktale? maybe hes like lenny and he doesnt want to be a killer, give him some veg!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i will just got to go out and buy some food for the gold fish now as looks like he is staying for a while.

·
The devil's son in law..
3,626 Posts
It may take awhile. Careful with live feeders, they could be the death of your rhom.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Becasue they carry parasites that can royally f*ck your tank up.

Did you ever see the condition of the tanks that the feeder fish are kept in??? All that funk goes into your tank when you throw a feeder fish in.

·
The devil's son in law..
3,626 Posts
LOL have you read this site at all man? Feeders, especially goldfish, can carry diseases and parasites that can seriously harm your fish. Goldfish themselves can also stunt growth, and they are very dirty ass fish!

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
they tend to carry disease and don't show it. Plus they have no nutritional value whatsoever, actually have a negative affect on the rhoms health.

I suggest keeping the tank lights off and not feeding him for a week. Then drop in a piece of shrimp or some other fresh fish (smelt). leave it in over night, if he doesn't eat it, take it out and wait some more. You have to have patience w/ rhoms for they are prob not what you expected them to be.

·
The devil's son in law..
3,626 Posts
wayne.140 said:
oh bugger the gold fish is being evicted and i dont care if my rhom throws a strop
[snapback]959377[/snapback]​
Give him some time. Try feeding him medium sized frozen (thaw them out) shrimp with the shell and tails. Try smelt. And any white, non oily fish that is whole and you can get your hands on.

Try a bait shop, get some whole fish, and cut it up into servings. Freeze the individual servings and thaw as you need them.

This is eazy, cheap, safer, and more nutritious for your fish.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
i say your fish sucks and your never going to see him eat, just give up all hope and send him to me

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Throw in a frozen shrimp about ten minutes before you turn the aquarium light off at night. At first your fish will be skittish and may only eat in the dark when he feels safe. If you want, tie the shrimp on a piece of fishing line and dangle the shrimp an inch or two off the gravel. Usually for young rhoms, smaller shrimp work better. With the shrimp tied to a line you will be able to tell for sure if your fish eat it or not. Try this for about a week. Im pretty sure he'll eat. Good luck!

Regards,
Jamie

PS Try to refrain from feeding your rhom goldfish. They're not good for him at all.

·
The devil's son in law..
3,626 Posts
You do not need fishing line to see that your fish is eating the shrimp. I was one of the first people to use that method. All was good until my rhom ate a chunk of line, and it took him months to pass it.

Just turn of the tank lights, thrown in a shrimp, walk away for 15 minutes, then see how much he ate. I would not suggest leaving it in longer then 15 minutes. I give my rhom 10 minutes tops, then out it goes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts