Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i got a 4.5 inch rhom from rogers aquatics, well i fed him for the first time a couple days ago and every day since he's been eating more adn more, today he ate 3 pieces of shrimp with tail, that was around 2 p.m, about 5 min ago he ate 1 3-4 inch piece of talipa, his stomach is bulging right now worse than earlier today, is this normal eating habits ? my last rhom baerly ever ate just nibled.

pic of him stuffed earlier, he's just as bad now maybe a little worse
View attachment 128264

now picture
View attachment 128265
View attachment 128266
View attachment 128267

·
Registered
545 Posts
well i didn't want to start him out on live food just yet wanted to make sure he would eat prepared food for a while to bulk him up and maybe an occasional feeder or some convicts

i tried some brine shrimp and my rhom loves it swims all over the tank to swallow them up

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't put so much food in the tank if your worried about it. In my opinion you should feed him as much as he will eat.....just not so much at one time.....young P's are greedy eaters and will eat much more than they need at one time. Feed smaller amounts more often to let him digest and avoid internal damage.......Overfeeding can cause serious health issues.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't put so much food in the tank if your worried about it. In my opinion you should feed him as much as he will eat.....just not so much at one time.....young P's are greedy eaters and will eat much more than they need at one time. Feed smaller amounts more often to let him digest and avoid internal damage.......Overfeeding can cause serious health issues.
Thank you for the heads up and I will also try the brine shrimp instead of beefheart.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i say feed him till he almost pops, when he gets bigger he will not even eat close to that much.
i wish i could get my rhom to look like that!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was just thinking if i feeed him as much as he wants he will get bigger faster and he's always in th epower head swimming burning off all the grub he had eaten so maybe im going to keep these 2 a day feedings with him untill he wont eat like that anymore

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have one of similar size and i wish he wuld eat like that. Also do not feed him feeders this early, mine was fed alot of feeders and will rarely ever take anything else. i had to start breeding convicts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have one of similar size and i wish he would eat like that. Also do not feed him feeders this early, mine was fed alot of feeders and will rarely ever take anything else. i had to start breeding convicts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have one of similar size and i wish he would eat like that. Also do not feed him feeders this early, mine was fed alot of feeders and will rarely ever take anything else. i had to start breeding convicts.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Easy killer. Back away from the add reply button. LOL

Feed him all he wants man. Maybe you will have the fastest growing rhom.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts