Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i got my rhom prolly 3-4 weeks, ago, he was really skittish and would just stay in his corner all day/night. Well he is starting to finally open up, i catc him swimming around alot more now and all of the original 10 danios that were in there are now gone. Well, I went to go feed him some shrimp , took off the glass lid and he goes nuts, starts swimming into the wall hitting his head, super fast swimming too. Does he see his reflection or something in the glass or something? he just goes bezerk. any one else have these problems or know what i could do?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
He is probably still adjusting to his environment. Give him some time, and he should get more acquainted with you after time and not freak out as much.
~Taylor~

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
seems to me as taylor said that your rhom need time to adjust, he doesnt see hi reflecting, you just spooked him when you opened the lid

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Taylor hit the nail on the head.

Plus, make sure that you are spending time in front of your tank with the fish. That will also help ease his nerves.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
so is him swimming into the side of the tank full speed okay?
No, it is not Okay.
I mean the reaction of your Rhom might very well be within the normal limits, but it is not OK for you to continue spooking your Rhom. This way he will only adapt slower or get a permanent damage.

So try not to drive him berserk. Avoid sudden movements from above. You see that is the natural way for enemies from the air to hit. Also try to avoid strong knocks or bangs.
As been said increase the traffic around the tank and this way let him adapt to humans, and give him time.

Harry

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay i will, i took some pictures of him today, he came to the front of his tank and posed perfectly for me. He is coming around

1 - 9 of 9 Posts