Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 tanks in my house. The other day while doing a gravel change I had to place a 4 inch Jack Dempsy in the tank with my 6 inch Red Bellied, much to my suprise and dis-belief the Dempsy took over chasing my red all around the tank like he owned the thing. Can someone please tell me why? I was worried that the Dempsy wouldn't last a minute, now I'm worried about my Red.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
yeah, the dempsey is more aggressive, so the piranha backs away, but all it will take is one bite in the wrong place and its bye-bye cichlid!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
That is funny....The jack puts up a good front but the power was never out of the hands of the red belly!!! :rockin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to update...I suppose the Red took all he could. No more Jack Dempsy. I got the Dempsy's tank all ready but by the time it set up he was killed. Just wish I could of seen it happen!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ummm I can back up the JD's side too .. I have seen a tank of a person i know that had one JD in with 6 RBP all of the same size and they fought each other constantly untill he got rid of the JD ... the reds would leave marks on the JD but the JD would leave some fin nips on the P's too ... so either way i wouldnt recommend mixing the 2

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I love to say I told you so?! :rasp:

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I bought my piranha I already had 2 convicts. The convicts lived with the piranha for like 4 months and every now and then would really bully some of the piranha. Finally, one day we were smoking by the tank and my buddy asked why I only had 1 convict......I didn't know.....Then I decided not to feed the piranha for a while because I honestly did not like the convicts and I wanted them to eat the other one. Luckily, I was hanging out with some friends chilling out again when I saw them take out the other convict. They just all the sudden turned on it and completely ate a 5" convict in about 20 seconds. It was sweet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts