Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
thought i would post a picture of my purple lights in my tank.......................

the picture isnt the best as i dont have a cable to plug my digi camera into the lapton unfortunately................

ooo and before you guys say top your tank up, i took the pic just as i was cleaning it...............

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice lights man i use blue ones in a few of my tanks. IMO you can see more natural behavior with these lights

·
Registered
400 Posts
I dont know if it is safe at all but what about ultra violet lights? can you get them in tank sizes and are they even safe to use (done extensive scientific papers on electromagnetic waves, frequencies and lengths so i know of a few potentail risks). They would expose some fantastic views and photographs...anyone out there know any info about using them in tanks...

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just so you know my tank lights aint UV,,,,,,,,,,

i have tried looking up on the net about UV lights for fish tanks to no evale........................

only things that are UV are sterilisers......................

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yea i know yours ar'nt ultra violet but they just reminded me of them. I dont know that becuase of the risks involved in any electromagnetic scorce that radiation cell multiplication might occure (cancer in other words...). Any one else got any experience/ideas/suggestions?

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can fish get cancer??????????????

i suppose is most other things can get it why cant fish????

not really sure on the effects of UV mind, if it is suppose to burn our skin maybe this could burn fish..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts