Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having my tank running for two weeks from a new setup with only a 12 inch pleco in I can now introduce it to my new friends..... little tiny red bellies

They have hardly any markings at all at the moment and are less than an inch in a size bless them lol

Ok well they are always running and hiding at the back of the tank, is there anything I can do to coach them out? I have put in 3 neons and they are in a high traffic area, any other suggestions or will they just come out as they get older?

Also how long do they take to grow and at what age will they start to get their markings??

Any advice or tips appreciated......Damn im so happy lol

Thanks

Technium

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
they will grow simi-fast untill 6 inches. then they start to grow slow.
Its going to take some new time to get used to their new home. How would you feel? Geat my drift?

It can take up to around 2 - 3 weeks, prb more like 5 days, just gtiving you a heads up.
dont rase them, and dont tap on the glass.

Let them get used to their home please.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Congratulations!

Can a 12 inch Pleco eat small reds?

~Dj

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pleco better not touch them or else he will be out in the cold lol. And im so excited, all my life ive wanted Piranha's but slowly worked my way up from Goldfish to Neons and guppys to Oscars to Paroon Shark and Snakeheads to my ultimate goal, a Piranha tank

I wouldnt tap on the glass or harass them, I was just wondering so dont worry. Will try to get some pics when I can borrow a mates digi camera.

Thanks

Technium

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
That is quite a work up. I think the first major tank I started with was a red devil tank initially (2 weeks) then became P tank after I got bored of the damn RD moving the gravel around. That was about 6 or 7 years ago.

~Dj

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Ive been keeping fish for about 10 years now off and on. I forgot to mention that I also have 40gallon tank which holds a crayfish.

Ive been reading up on Piranhas but sometime the info given is so contradicting that the best place to ask is often the people who actually look after them day in day out like here.

i love this forum and everyone is so friendly even if your doing something wrong they dont slate you for it or laugh at you, they just offer friendly helpful advice.

Thanks

Technium

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congrats man !!

I also just got my babies. I have had mine oh about 3 days now. My wife thinks I am a weirdo just sitting in front of the tank watching them just swim around. Mine seemed to have adapted already, I bought 20 white clouds and I have only seen 2 left in the tank now, so the yare eating with no problems.

Good luck on yer new kids !!

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Congrats on your new family! I know how happy you feel because it was not so long ago that I got my baby rbs. They will go very quickly. Read up on some of the threads in the food forum to see what types of different foods they like. Its a good idea to mix up there diet so they can be very healthy. Cant wait to see some pics of the little guys!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Congrats and don't worry about the Pleco, he won't hurt your little Ps...remember to show us some pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.