Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 4 natt juvens for my tank 3 days back, they are about 4 inches and they only
eat freeze dry worms and shrimp.....i have a red molly in the tank as food for
them but they dont even take notice of it.]

how can i make em more aggresive?.....

can i mix some salt in the tank??

And how good are piranhas with blood worms, coz when i used to feed my
other fancy fishes previously, they wud let go of so many worms that wud settle
under my gravel and make my tank stink ver fast !!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Why add salt?? Salt would only be helpfull to decrease Nitrite poisoning and heal wounds. But you've mentioned that you just received your Ps only 3 days back. It would take your new guys days, weeks or even months to get used to the tank and show thier true characteristics. Also, what did the previous owners feed it? Ps are very picky even at a young age. Decrease the feeding routine and slowly introduce new varieties. Soon enough, your Ps would and will go after that Molly in no time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
lol its totally due to the fact their so small dont worry man let them eat what they want to until their atleast 3 inches then worry about if they aint f*cking sh*t up

·
Registered
293 Posts
Feed them everyday blood worms are good but your guys may be a bit to big for those. Go and get yourself a couple of small goldfish. Injure one and let your little guys eat up. That Molly will be gone in no time. Don't ever deprive your fish of food as suggested. That is cruel and completely ridiculous.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my RBP's are 3 - 4 inches, and i dnt wanna feed blood worms coz they get in the
gravel and hide makin it stink very fast.. but how can my P's eat a gold fish when
the cant harm a molly?

i mean gold fishes are naturally fat than the mollys? will injurin them make any difference?

but my p's are eatin chicken , i fed em on it twice....i heard that its not good feedin chicken.

i froze the chicken first and defrosted before feedin to avoid diseases though !

·
Registered
354 Posts
cracky said:
my RBP's are 3 - 4 inches, and i dnt wanna feed blood worms coz they get in the
gravel and hide makin it stink very fast.. but how can my P's eat a gold fish when
the cant harm a molly?

i mean gold fishes are naturally fat than the mollys? will injurin them make any difference?

but my p's are eatin chicken , i fed em on it twice....i heard that its not good feedin chicken.

i froze the chicken first and defrosted before feedin to avoid diseases though !
[snapback]921422[/snapback]​
thats why when you do water changes use the gravel vac to clean out your bloodworms.

·
Registered
880 Posts
dude your ps are 3-4" and they arent eating feeders.? weird. i have 20 1"ers right now in a breeder til i sell em and they will kill any other fish i put in there with em. they are savage little guys.

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
well to get mine used to smelling blood i cut the tail of the first feeder i threw in there, i could tell that5 they smelled the blood

·
Registered
632 Posts
starv the fish for a week , use a knife and cut the molly fish so hes badly ingured and let the piranhas eat

·
Registered
62 Posts
U don't need to injure feeders.
Leave the mollie in there, stop feeding any other food and sooner or later the mollie will be sent to his maker. Yes STARVE them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
n0bie said:
starv the fish for a week , use a knife and cut the molly fish so hes badly ingured and let the piranhas eat

[snapback]921643[/snapback]​
Hehe, or you can just give him a little knock in the head, so he's a bit "dizzy"

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
at that size if you starve them you are going to end up with a dead piranha or two. they are very canabalistic at that size. they are just not acclimated yet, just be happy they are even eating. don't sweat it much they'll come around.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There is no need to hurt that feeder. It isn't like it is going to injure your P's. If they aren't eatting anything at all, try a variety of things. Alot of times, they just have certain preferences. And when all else fails, just know this. They will eat whenever they are hungry. Just keep feeding them. Try some catfish fillets or squid or smelt or even beef. My p's go nuts for a little steak.
And...maybe your p's are vegetarian! One of mine will not go anywhere near meat. Instead, he fights my pleco for his algae pellets.
My point is, try a variety of things to get them biting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got small goldfish feeders , they are just .8 or 1 cm long.......i think they will do the trick

·
Registered
480 Posts
He said he his RBPs are 4 "....
And yes they should be eating feeders like crazy at that age. BUt you only got them 3 days ago and they are just getting used to to their surroundings. Give em a day or two more then see them eat. Dont starve them for a week....Thats too long for juvis. CRUEL MAN !!
Feed them just before you go to bed and dont feed them frozen shrimp or any other food if you want them to eat the live fish that day..

So if you fed them anything today ,dont feed them anything until tomorrow night, just before you go to sleep release couple of live fish in there. They will be eaten right away and if they are really skittish around you, turn the lights off and go to bed. Feeders will be gone by the morning.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my p's aint eatin the gold fish.i have 8 goldfish and 2 mollies,............damn they cud be eaten in a single bite but my p's dont eat em, they are in there from today morn , i stopped feedin my p's .

u know wat !! i have some damn chichlid family baby fishes in another tank,
i left 6 goldfish in there and bang! after couple of hrs i see only 3 in there.

damn fish ate my feeders but they themselves are so small i wonder how cud they eat em?

I think like this the goldfish are gonna grow up and eat my p's !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts