Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this because when ever i come close to the tank, or turn the light on or anything, basicly as soon as they know im there, they run to the corners and freak out. they are babies 5 1"'ers, this is the first time i even had this problem and ive had them since fry. its been happening for about 2 days now, anyhelp??

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Dont worry about it. They will either come around or be shy fish forever. I do not think your doing anything wrong. If you want, turn on the lights in the room first before you turn on the tank light. this will allow them to start getting used to light. Give them a chance to come around. :smile:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you could add some other fish like black widow tetras or silver dollers, this might make them a little less skittish

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing that ive done differently is turn the temp up from 75 to 79

but still, why are they all of a sudden scared?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Yepps, its a normal thing baby Ps do when they get to 1-4". Soon after that, you can just watch them watch you back without them being skittish at all. It also depends on the fish itself. Like X said, it may be awhile till they get used to you, or maybe you have skittish fish that'll stay like that forever!!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Xenon is right about turning on your light first so they can get use to the light and then turning on the tank light. Something that might help would be to dim your tank light by putting electrical tape like a candycane around your incandescent light, and just turning on the room light first then the other light. They are just getting use to the tank and you. :smile:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
turn the light of and feed them at night... they will probalby eat then, i had the same problem but i noticed that they ate when it was dark in the room and the lamp off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts