Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i feed my baby rbps? there about 1" long,i have tried to feed them every thing from flakes to small cunks of beef heart. What do i do ???

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
They will eat when they are hungry. I had a couple little dudes and they ate flakes. I would call the place you got them and ask what they have been eating, it was probably flakes but it may have been brine shrimp or a live food.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
1" reds? Sounds like you just got them ???
It usually takes a couple of days before newly introduced p's start to eat. It took mine 5 days before they ate for the first time.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
mine used to eat bacon when they were small, and still do sometimes.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Judazzz said:
1" reds? Sounds like you just got them ???
It usually takes a couple of days before newly introduced p's start to eat. It took mine 5 days before they ate for the first time.
you said it. Like just about any fish it has to get used to its surroundings first. Do not keep forcing food upon the fish becasue this will just be a waste of food. They will eat in due time. For better results chuck in a sinking pellet like a shrimp pellet before you shut the lights off and go to bed.
GOOD LUCK :D

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i the have started to eat know good thing istead of flake is cichlid pellts broken into smaller mouth size peices my p's loved them

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
overbite said:
i the have started to eat know good thing istead of flake is cichlid pellts broken into smaller mouth size peices my p's loved them
don't drink and type! from what i could tell you said they are starting to eat. what are they eating?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine are about 1 inch big, and I just got them. The store said they were eating frozen bloodworms and kept with a couple of guppies. Well I conditioned my tank with guppies and small fish, so I just dumped the rbp's in there. I didn't see them eat any guppies. I fed the guppies the next morning and the p's ate a whole bunch of flakes. So I feed the guppies flakes am and pm, feed the p's very small amount of bloodworms in the am. I also have a big comet in there that the p's like to nip at. I finally saw my p eat a guppy. I have noticed a huge drop in the number of guppies in the tank. This means that the p's eat the guppies when I'm not around or at night. So I am sure my p's are eating and I can already tell they are getting larger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My baby P started eating as soon as I put him in the tank. Its weird because he defies a lot of what I have read here. He eats the fins of the 2 feeders, bloodworms and C pellets. He never hides and is always at the front of the tank just chilling. He'll probably become more skittish but I hope he doesn't. When should I start feeding him beefheart? Damn Safeway didn't have any but I'll find some.
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts