Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well woke up this morning to find my littlest p on its head not looking good at all.

I had a look at his skin and he had white fungus over it.

I put dosages of salt in the tank and about 3 hours later he is now swimming about happily.

Im concerned though as to what might of happened?

The only thing i can think it could be is that i installed the new fx5 filter on the weekend and took out the old rio filter but i was wondering if i should have kept that running in there for a bit longer to let the fluval fx5 settle in a bit longer?

Im not sure but all is good now, when i get home im going to do a large water change.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well I'm glad to read he is OK.
Looks like he's ready to brake dance J/K And leave the old filter in there that way the new FX5 can establish the same bacteria load as the other to me its like replacing your filters with new ones.

·
5,336 Posts
is that a piece of shrimp by his tail? was that in there all night too? and definately should "seed" the new filtermedia, or run both for a while...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Sangre_Roja, a couple of pics of him swimming around, one on the right. I have also added their old 1500 weipro 1500 which had been running in there tank for around a year and they are much happier. Its funny how the others acted when he was on his head, i was surprised thought they would attack him but instead they just nudge him and swam round him

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
glad to hear they are doing good!!!!!

agreed, uneaten food will spike your water!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts