Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This first picture was taken of my rhom about a year ago. The second picture I will post was taken last week, the day after I got him. Notice the topline in the second picture, which is almost perfectly horizontal. This indicates that the rhom has lost a considerable amount of weight in the last year, but he is quickly putting it back on now.

I will post a picture of his "new look" in two or three months.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Wooey! fine, fine specimen indeed. What's this one about 15 inches or so? Nice John.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the same fish now. He is still obviously a beautiful rhom, but I am working on putting some bulk back on him. Since he is the most aggressive eater I have ever owned with the exception of maybe Bubba, it really shouldn't take too long.

Uh oh...I just tried to post the new pic and the file is too big. Unfortunately, I am now beyond the scope of my computer nerd skills...or lack thereof. :veryangry:

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Wow he is skinny. I have the utmost faith you will fatten him up John. :D

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
This is one of the most active piranhas I have ever seen, it is more active than my Elongatus and Medinai, which I thought were very active, until I saw this monster

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
wowser beautiful rhom! knife.does it have a name?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Didn't know this was also being posted here

Ok got this from a friend of mine: Fats nominally should be less than 3%. Although carnivores can consume fats up to 6%, a concentration of fats above 3% can be be harmful to the liver and reproductive organs of herbivores."

I understand the guy that sold you the fish said he kept his fish on low fat high protein. If that is true, then how does he still account for the loss of fat from the dorsal area?

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
az tha kid said:
Dude it looks liek a gibbus i nthat second photo. That sh*t is tight.
Drinking and posting don't mix!

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
the person he got the fish from takes long trips for work. also this fish is very active and burns a lot of calories. the fish eats like a hog there for it is not sick. i've seen it in person. it slammed 10 chunks of catfish fillets right in front of me. as all experienced piranha keepers know if a piranha eats, then the fish is fine. a sick piranha will not eat. i bought the other rhom of of the same person and mine is not as skinny. john's fish is just extremely active. these are the 2 nicest rhoms i've ever seen. they come up to the front of the tank to say hello, and they swim constantly. john's swims more than mine though. i don't know how jason got these 2 huge rhoms to act like such young fish. he did something right.
wes

edit i believe his name is slim grim.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
yeah, Wes and I were at Johns house and he fed it for us, I think it ate nearly 2 whole catfish fillets while we watched in less than 2 mins flat, that fish never stops swimming and eats like a hog, now you guys made me get the itch for one of these things, only if I had a job

1 - 20 of 29 Posts