Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy today, I got some great stuff from a garden center!
I got:
*a 10" tyre-track eel (its a beauty!)
*a bristle-nosed catfish
*2 cories, 1 = pepper, and the other I will have get back to you with.
*a chinese fire-belly newt (to replace the one killed by my toad a couple of weeks ago)
*a 6" japanise orange-belly newt (I'm not sure if that is their real name, but I still like it)

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Congrats, on the new fish and amphibians.
Sounds like you have some good setups there.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, if I ever get the chance I will post some pics, but I don't have a digetal camera, and I don't know how to use my scanner!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the unidentified corie - looks like a male Elegant catfish, but I don't think it is, any ideas?
I will try to get pics, but it might take a while.

·
Registered
492 Posts
How big does the eel get, My cousin has electric eels they are the sh*t, You have one hell of a nice collection there. :rockin:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your kind words (you will get the money in your account on monday!)

I don't know how big these eels get, it is my second tyre-track eel, and by far the biggest I have seen, but this is not to say they don't get bigger.
My other one got to about 6", I havn't had my new one next to a ruler, but it is nearly the width of the tank, which is 12", my guess is it is between 9.5-10.5".
if you are wanting to get one, not with piranhas, and they only eat bloodworm - that I know of, it is a bit of a wimp, but it still looks cool.
but if you want a really cool eel, I once had a freshwater moray eel, It was sold as a freshwater snowflake eel, but I think that was wrong!
I had a problem finding a food source, and it died after about 3 months, I think they are ment to eat commets.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I also got a new fishy today, well actually five: four are shred to bits by now (ie. goldfish), and one 2" Tiger Shovelnose Catfish (for which I paid a mere $1,50......)

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"2" Tiger Shovelnose Catfish (for which I paid a mere $1,50......)"

Nice buy, but it will soon mean the end of small fish in your tank - just my guess

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Innes said:
Nice buy, but it will soon mean the end of small fish in your tank - just my guess
Nope, it died last night

Don't know why: stress, disease, continuous harassing by my tetra's........
It just laid belly up this morning. Sad start of the day

Btw: do you already know what kind of cory you bought?
What does it look like?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant tell for sure, it looks like a male Elegant catfish (coridoras elegant - I think?)
But I don't think it is one of these, it has brownish stripes going from head to tail, and a few down the head, the rest of the fish is white, and it has a shimmery effecy if in the light. any ideas?

And sorry to hear about your TSN but I think it is a blessing in disguise :nod: I can't have seen it working with all your fish.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Just have a look at www.planetcatfish.com. I'll do a little searching as well.

Are those stripes solid, or a continuous row of very small spots?

I was planning to put that TSN in another tank when it got larger, and I wouldn't mind if he decimated my tetra population that much..... They're cheap anyways :
:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
continuous

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Sorry, I'm clueless... Just post some pics once you've made them, and I'll give it another shot.
I guess we need a catfish-Frank on this board as well

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
....i fish for cat fish...but all i have are two tiger oscar fish...that's all...suprisingly enough, they're still alive and kickin it...at times, i think they're smiling at me too :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.