Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woo-hoo I got more fish!!!

Today I got a Botia rubripinnis - Orange finned botia
also I got a black red tailed shark, a ruby shark, some chinese algea eaters, some neons, and 2 julie corys.

the sharks, neons and algea eaters are for my piranha tank - fingers crossed

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
NIce!!! More and new editions
Cant wait to see pix Innes

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Innes said:
woo-hoo I got more fish!!!

Today I got a Botia rubripinnis - Orange finned botia
also I got a black red tailed shark, a ruby shark, some chinese algea eaters, some neons, and 2 julie corys.

the sharks, neons and algea eaters are for my piranha tank - fingers crossed
well, those are decent fish by small/shy/peaceful fish standards.

Otocincluses and chinese algae eaters and-- most of all corydoras-- are awesome, only problem is most large cichlids/ps would eat them :sad:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
piranha45 said:
Otocincluses and chinese algae eaters and-- most of all corydoras-- are awesome, only problem is most large cichlids/ps would eat them :sad:
Cories are pretty tuff... I have one little fart living happily with some large cichlids like GT and Eartheater and a parrot that are like over 10 times it size and it doesn't get picked on. I wish you the same luck there too...

algae eater may get picked on, however when they get bigger they can become the aggresor themselves causing trouble... not really killing but chasing other fish...etc...

Best of luck

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
piranha45 said:
Cories are pretty tuff... I have one little fart living happily with some large cichlids like GT and Eartheater and a parrot that are like over 10 times it size and it doesn't get picked on. I wish you the same luck there too...

algae eater may get picked on, however when they get bigger they can become the aggresor themselves causing trouble... not really killing but chasing other fish...etc...

Best of luck
well, I got a 3" male Texas and a 2.5" venustus who will shred anything that doesn't fight back. I got a 1" cory in with them right now, and about 2 weeks ago I took a vacation and the fish were all fed at half-rations for a week.

When I got back home finally, that cory's fins were totally shredded. If the little guy wasn't coated in armor he would have been toast. When the other cichlids get bigger I have absolutely no doubt they'll gulp him down. He's an incredibly vivacious little guy, and I'd love to get some more buddies for him to school with, but within the next 3-6 months they might be fish food.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
good stuff innes

your zoo is getting sooooo big are you going to have time for your business? with all this work at home you might have to hire yourself
j/k nice fish

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I should have some new pics tommorrow!!!

unfortunatly these fish are not in them as I had already taken the film to be developed and it comes back tommorrow.

I am not too worried about these fish as the algea eaters and sharks are going with my piranhas, tetras and other algea eaters.

the corys are going with my other 6 corys making my mixed cory gang up to 8

and the botia is big enough to be OK with my tyre-track eel and my evil severum - so I'm not at all worried about them.

OK I realise that many of you may not be familiar with these species so:
heres a handy link
heres a handy link
heres a handy link
heres a handy link
heres a handy link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts