Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some new things, I got:
*2xDermogenys pusilla sumatrana (Silver halfbeak)

*1xMastacembelus erythrotaenia (Fire eel)

*6xGymnocorymbus ternetzi (Black widow tetra)

*6xParacheirodon innesi (Neon tetra)

*1xCorydoras panda (Panda cory)

*1xProcambarus paeninsulanus (Blue crayfish) - which has hidden in a rock the whole time I have owned it, it was in the rock in the shop and the woman was not going to sell it to me as she couldnt get it out, so I bought the rock and the crafish, so I am not sure that it is this particular species yet - lol

*note - these are not my pics, they are just showing off the species

I also picked up a flying carpet thing for the airpump, a 3D background sheet and an amazing book with 4,600 color photos of differant fish species so I am a happy chappy

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Damn, that's some serious shopping you did, Innes: very nice

I haven't gone to an lfs for more than 10 days now: I feel withdrawal

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Juda, Luckely my dad took his credit card with him

but unfortunatly I will be the one who ends up paying for all of this stuff, and the crayfish cost £9,50
which I know is way overpriced, but it is only the second time I have seen crayfish for sale so it was worth it - I hope, I still havn't seen it yet

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thePACK said:
fire eel ....nice choice
I knew you would like it, I have wanted one for years (about 10-13 years) it is the first time I have ever seen one for sale before and it is really small - about 2" long, were my tyre track is 10" (luckely not in the same tank)

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
wow innes thats awesome
so i bought the rock ROFL smart thinking
it's a good thing he wasn't hidding in the gravel, you would have had to buy the tank
j/k one of those fish, had your name in it (tetra) cool hehehe

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nice p/u Innes..

I had a blue and red lobster once.. lil bro took it out of the feeder tank and was playing with it on dirt, left both in the backyard sun.. next thing you know.. dead.
Punkass..

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NIKE said:
wow innes thats awesome
so i bought the rock ROFL smart thinking
it's a good thing he wasn't hidding in the gravel, you would have had to buy the tank
j/k one of those fish, had your name in it (tetra) cool hehehe
lol the rock cost me £2.50 and the crayfish has never went more than 2cm away from it - I am pleased as it obviously loves it

also Paracheirodon innesi (Neon tetra)

My mum told me once that this species was discoverd by an Innes - but it wasn't me

Nice fish though
they used to be banned from fish contests as they have such amazing colors - go figure what happend when they discoverd cardinal tetras

Nice p/u Innes..

I had a blue and red lobster once.. lil bro took it out of the feeder tank and was playing with it on dirt, left both in the backyard sun.. next thing you know.. dead.
Punkass..
Kick your bro in the nuts from me

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
very nice pics I especially like your lobster, got any names?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a crayfish, and I havn't named them yet........perhaps I will call the crayfish Pablo
and the eel Bill.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
why with the ordinary names

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like those names, and yes the eel is freshwater, I think they can also live in brackish water, but I only have 1 tablespoon of salt per 5 gallons

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
whatever works for you and I think most eels are fw andbw.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
unxchange said:
Innes, how's the blue lobster acting with your community setup? There are a couple at the LFS, I have been thinking of getting one.
it is in with my smallest fishes and it is pretty good, it has nipped the angels tails a couple of times, but nothing to worry about - I would seirously reccomend getting one

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thats sweet man, i just got myself one of those electric blue lobsters. I keep em with my piranas, and so far hes doing fine. every now and then he has to fight off the piranas, but he does ok. Mine just got a whole lot bigger recently, his shell came off, and it was like in one night he grew half an inch. i think i got a pretty strong one too, he was in a tank with another lobster, and he had ripped off the other lobsters pinchers, both of em.
At first he was just hiding in the wood, but now i see him come out and walk around all the time. I call mine pinchy, remember the simpsons where homer gets the lobster as his pet, he named it pinchy, gotta love the simpsons.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice one Glowin_Navi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts