Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had her a couple of days she is fine when light is off, still scared when light is on, so any tips on getting her used to the light are very welcome! also anyone know how to stop her bashing her chin on glass as she is getting a sore chin.
Apart from that she has started eating and comes to the corner where i am on computer to be nosey which makes it very easy to take pictures on my web cam of her

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Possibly dim your lights.
Set up a timer on your lights so the fish gets used to the lights coming on the same time everyday.

About the sore chin (or chimple), only thing would be to get a bigger tank but even then the piranha may still swim against the glass. There really isn't much you can do with a chimple other than let the fish get used to its surroundings. Hopefully it would stop swimming against the glass.

·
Registered
481 Posts

Had her a couple of days she is fine when light is off, still scared when light is on, so any tips on getting her used to the light are very welcome! also anyone know how to stop her bashing her chin on glass as she is getting a sore chin.
Apart from that she has started eating and comes to the corner where i am on computer to be nosey which makes it very easy to take pictures on my web cam of her
sara
nice looking speciemen how big is it and what size tank you have her in, also about light i wud suggest very dim light like putting some kind of dark tape, about chin bumps it will go off when the rhom settles down you can seen on my blue diamond too. good luck
shabbir
pn the blue diamond in pic is 10" no chin bumps

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
looks good. I would leave the lights alone eventually the Rhom will get used to the light

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
looks good. I would leave the lights alone eventually the Rhom will get used to the light
same here i would not dim the lights
the rhom will get used to it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts