Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got him today...Very small I'd say 2-3"

He is in a 20 gallon right now, I am moving him to a 60 gallon tomorrow!

Sorry for the crap pics, I'll get better ones after I let him out of the bag

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts

Well, don't take what I say for gospel,because I'm far from knowing anything about piranhas, but I bought that exact same kind of fish at my LFS, and the coloration had me worried (it was sold as a Rhom), so I posted pics here for Id and I was told that pretty positively, it was a Sanchezi.

I'd ask some people to ID it. Like I said earlier, I don't know anything about piranhas really, so I'm just informing you of my past experience.

Congrats on it anyways, no matter what is is !!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well, don't take what I say for gospel,because I'm far from knowing anything about piranhas, but I bought that exact same kind of fish at my LFS, and the coloration had me worried (it was sold as a Rhom), so I posted pics here for Id and I was told that pretty positively, it was a Sanchezi.

I'd ask some people to ID it. Like I said earlier, I don't know anything about piranhas really, so I'm just informing you of my past experience.

Congrats on it anyways, no matter what is is !!!
[/quote]
Ya I was wondering the same thing. The guy who sold it to me was very very knowledgable and knew alot about piranhas. He told me how they are his favorite species of fish. He said his store had been trying to get elongs, and other rare species but he couldn't find any. They had about 15 reds in a show tank, 4 yellow nats, and the one rhom. Great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Nice looking fish..Post some pics up when you get him settled into his new home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts