Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
My little 4" spilo was tearing up a small 4" pleco I had with him so I took the pleco out and put him in my feeder tank, and replaced him with a 12" pleco I had in my pygo tank. After about 5 minutes my gf says "that little bastard just bit the pleco, you need to get rid of him, he is just too mean". So I check out the big pleco and sure enough, my little spilo let him know who is the boss.
Here is my little spilo.

this pic is of the 4" pleco I removed. He has almost no tail fin, his other fins are nipped pretty bad and a pretty bad bite on his back.

This next pic is of the 12" pleco I put in with him and you can see the bite he got within 5 minutes.

This little dude is one mean little spilo.....ya gota love him!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
How about some pics of the spilo?

I am expecting to allot a huge budget for plecos when my tank gets up and running!
I hope the 12 incher survives as he is very nice looking!

Ha, the first pic didnt load that fast.
That is one nice looking gold!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny part is when I got him he was like 2 inches and my gf thought he was so cute, now she just thinks he is an evil little bastard! :smile:

·
Registered
431 Posts
i want mine to get lik that and just kill everything in the tank. he grows too slow and sits behind his bogwood all day. not cool

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Give him time Hannibal, he had been with the little pleco for like 6 months and never really picked on him at all. I was a little shocked he attacked a huge pleco like that, even though he is savage when it comes to feeders.

·
Registered
431 Posts
well my spilo just ripped off one of my plecos fins so I can see he is more aggressive. Its a killer when it comes to feeders, I just never see it. Thats what pisses me off

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
nice spilo.....thats a nasty chunk he took out

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
He is a very beautiful spilo, I think I want one.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That pleco is a work horse. He got the crap beat out of him by my rhom so I placed him in the pygo tank to heal. And not the little spilo taking him apart. I have seperated them because I am picking up a Geryi this afternoon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts