Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my littlest wild Nattereri has turned a very dark purplish black. His normaly red anal fin is now purple and he has definate purple color to his body. My other wild Nattereri that I got at the same time has remained the same bronze color. I have some pictured that I will post on monday. To me, this just says that Nattereri change color depending on different factors not that there is an actual purple variant of P. Nattereri. I have had this little dude for about 10 months, and he has never displayed this color before. Very pretty, but still just a red belly. I would love to hear other opinions.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
My reds seem to 'switch' coloration from time to time as well... The small ones I have a usually normally colored (ie. dark silvery back and bright red belly), but from time to time they seem to have a temporary greenish or even blueish hue on their upper body. And sometimes, their caudal 'spot' (guess it's not the correct description, but I posted about this before, so I guess you know what I mean) is more prominent than at other times...

And my big one is pretty dark by itself (deep grey with blueish tints), but sometimes, oddly enough especially in the morning(!), he seems to be completely black, with his belly and anal fin a drab, very dark reddish black...
He's the one that intrigues me most, since the color-changes seem to be most prominent, even though they are always temporarily...

I'll look if I can find some pics of my fish's different states of mind (I guess that's the cause for the color changes)...

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I bought new lighting for my fish tank yesterday. I noticed that when/while swimming along different areas and sections of the tank, my Ps seemed to change in cameleon forms. Ive seen the regular gold, purple, silver and even the green varient especially when ther lights help reflect the plants on their scales. It was a trip.. even sometimes looking very irradecent(spelling??). Wish I knew how to video cam it, so that I can post it up and show you guys. It was a trip.. I have all different color variationed RBs.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I bought new lighting for my fish tank yesterday. I noticed that when/while swimming along different areas and sections of the tank, my Ps seemed to change in cameleon forms. Ive seen the regular gold, purple, silver and even the green varient especially when ther lights help reflect the plants on their scales.
i get a green tint on mine too..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts