Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this sucker a couple weeks back. Paid maybe 5 bucks for him because I had gotten an albino oscar that didnt even make the ride home before he killed over so the guy gave me a discount on this one

Love the little guy, looks awesome and has plenty of good color that changes as he swims through different areas of shade and what not. Im diggin these terrors for sure, gonna have to keep em around I think

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Great fish, and that looks to be a male. If you take good care of him and keep upsizing his tanks (and realize that he typically wont play well with others)... you'll have a magnificent fish eventually

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Yeah. I had to get rid of mine because my FH caughtup and outgrew it one week and things changed. the GT went from running the tankj to getting beaten to hell. Had to traded him in.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Yeah. I had to get rid of mine because my FH caughtup and outgrew it one week and things changed. the GT went from running the tankj to getting beaten to hell. Had to traded him in.
I've noticed their aggressiveness varies quite a bit. I've kept GTs that wouldn't hurt a fly and I've also had one that killed a full grown male Texas. In general though, they are more docile than most of the large CA/SA cichlids.

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
nice looking GT. i think you might enjoy him in some earthtone substrate even more. gives a really nice natural look to a tank and the fish stands out more. but nice GT in any case

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah he's a docile fish, in with a jack dempsey of the same size and the jd is way more aggressive and runs the tank but they dont nip at each other, just the gt gets out of the jd's way anytime he's near. The gt wont eat krill or any silversides either, but the jd seems to love it. the JD has absolutely amazing coloration tons of red, blue's greens. love that thing but he's completely impossible to get to sit still for a picture.
anywho the gravel was there from before, it was my cichlid community (blue pseudo's and electric's) but i sold them off over time and now have these two guys soooo the gravel i could change, but has been in there so long Im gonna leave it.. thanks for the comments and he'll be around for awhile, definately my favorite of all cichlids ive had.

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
id love to see your JD. JDs are my favorite cichlids. ive had every sort of JD from inactive and shy to agressive and never stand still. theyre really interesting fish and in my opinion some of the best looking colored fish fresh or salt water available. throw some more pics up sometime, wed love to see more shots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts