Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share my experiences recieving my Pygocentrus Nattereri (green) in the mail from Raptor today! I am so excited and he is currently acclimating himself to my tank.

Raptor shipped the box last night via Airborne Express. I went to bed thinking I would have to pick up the box around 12-2pm the next morning. I arranged it with my boss to work at home with a long lunch break to be able to get it and acclimate it properly.

A awoke around 8:30 and opened my computer to begin work. Around 9 I checked the tracking number of the shipment and learned it had already arrived at 7:35am or something. I went on piranha fury to get the directions to the place to pick it up when Raptor PM'ed me saying it had arrived. I was so excited so I got dressed real qucik and ran out to the car.

First off there are like monsoon rains here....like inch or 2 an hour type rains! So I driving and I cross the bridge to Maryland to get the fish. I can barely see out the window but I am determined to get there ASAP! What I didnt realize is that the Airborne Express office is right in the middle of the ghetto. So its raining hard, I am hydroplaning all over the place, looking for this office....I see that the roads Yahoo led me on are all wrong....I am lost. :sad:

So I am drving around the ghetto in blinding rain desperatly searching for this place. Finally I find the road it is on and find it tucked away in a corner behind some trees.

I go in, grab the box, and speed home while it begind to clear up a little! :smile:

I must say the packing job was superb by Raptor and the green nattereri is assimilated and swimming around right now. I was going to document the whole process with my camera but it was out of batteries and I didnt have time to get any .... oh well, I will get some pics up soon.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to thanks Raptor for taking such care in packing this baby and ensuring his safe package. Raptor has mad skillz!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Congrats...now is time so see some pics!

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Thats the downfall to find a close facillity. You can't see the area where it's going. Sorry to send ya there. I owe all the packaging skills to george and b scott. Thanks guys for helping me out. I had to go to my dentist to get oxigen. Needless to say he thought i was a nut. But he gave to me.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Get some pics up of your green guy.

~Dj

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Xenon said:
Raptor said:
I had to go to my dentist to get oxigen.
He probably thought you were opening one of those Woody Harrelson hippie bars!
LOL, he asked me three times what are you going to do with it.
He couldn't see why i was using pure oxigen. For the money that guy makes off of me he should have gave me the tank.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Future note to self : (and anyone else needing oxygen) welding shops will usually not ask questions about giving oxygen. Depending on the state laws where you live about fire hazards,etc.

I bought an oxygen bottle from a place I worked a while ago. Spendy for the bottle, oxygen refills only a couple bucks though. Next time, tell the dentist that these fish need nitrous...
...ha ha ha! at least then you can have some fun too !

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
sweet post some pics of him in his happy home

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
the ghetto isnt all bad
but congrats on p

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
I think I saw this fish in the gallery awhile back. Exceptionally nice looking. What else do you have Xenon?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right now I have a small rhom, small spilo cf, and this natt. I had to get rid of my tanks when I moved back home
I have a 125g, and 2 55g waiting to get cycled as soon as I get a new place....which I will be getting this weekend! The green guy will be joining an all caribe shoal in the 125 as soon as the tank is ready.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.