Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My denticulata has been suffurring from mouth rot (I Think) for the past few days. Nobody replied me in time to identify the desiese and on top of that I had no money for meds. Tried changing some water and adding salt but it was no use. My denti died this morning. He was alot more interactive than my skittish reds and looked better too. Now my 10 gal is empty and probably full of disease.

How do I prepare the tank for new fish? Change all the water, media? How do I clean the wood and decor? My family was also wondering if these diseases can be harmfull to humans. Help would be appreciated.

RIP denti

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I would set the tank up like it was a new tank. I would remove all water and discard the old filter media, rinse the gravel in a bucket and boil the driftwood if you are concerned (although a rinse should be enough). Make sure the new water is cycled before you add fish.

10G is pretty small for a tank, I hope this is temporary!

I don't think it is harmful to human, just wash you hands after dealing with the tank (something you should always do anyways; afterall, they are swiming in their own toilet!).

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
dam that sucks bro

do a water change and wait a mnonth with cheap fish in it
then if everything is fine get a new dent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts