Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok currently I have 2 emperor 400's on my 90 and 1 emperor and 1 magnum 350 pro w/bio wheels on my 75. Well I decided to shake things up. I bought another emperor to go with the 75 and I'm gonna move the magnum 350 canister to my 90 and lose the bio-wheels and just use the micron filter in it. So now the setup is......

90 Gallon= 2 emperor 400's, magnum 350 pro, penguin 660 powerhead, Penguin 550 powerhead

75 Gallon= 2 emperor 400's, penguin 550 powerhead

Everytime I buy another filter I tell myself , "that's the last filter I'll need" LOL
. What do you guys think? Am I finished yet? Or do I need a canister filter for the 75 also?

Inhabitants

90 Gallon = 9 inch Piraya, 8 inch Cariba, 3x 6 inch caribas
75 Gallon= 4x 2 inch Red Bellies

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
I would say that you're adequate. Only thing I would be sure of is to have a powerhead in those tanks with the HOBs so that the water gets circulated and your filters are operating at peak efficiency rather than refiltering clean water while foul water can sit stagnant in some spots.

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
elTwitcho said:
I would say that you're adequate. Only thing I would be sure of is to have a powerhead in those tanks with the HOBs so that the water gets circulated and your filters are operating at peak efficiency rather than refiltering clean water while foul water can sit stagnant in some spots.
[snapback]892484[/snapback]​
Only adequate? "Azeral starts thinking about new filter mission....build a sump under each tank
" Or one large sump that filters both tanks.

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
elTwitcho said:
lol, my standards for adequate are high. In my book there's "adequate" or "inadequate" and not much else. so I'd leave your filtration as it is.
[snapback]892530[/snapback]​

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Well I added the magnum 350 and removed the bio-wheels, and added a 550 powerhead to the 90..........
It looks like a raging river in there lol. I might have to remove a powerhead.
they broke out into a royal rumble when I had all that turned on. Well, what was I thinking . I took away the bio-wheels on the magnum so the difuser is pushing out 350 GPH, The penguin 550 pushes out 145 GPH, the penguin 660 that is in there also pushes out 160 GPH. Hrmmmmmmmmmm 655 GPH total.....
Also there's the 2 emperors pushing oout 800 GPH total. 1455 GPH!!!!! I think I might have overdone it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts