Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
For the past month I have had my 5-6 inch "green" natt and 3-4 inch "super red" rbp in a 55g with a whole bunch of dither cichlids. They have coexisted quite well but I noticed the bigger piranha showing many aggressive tendencies towards his smaller counterpart. I gave it until vacation then I would have to get another red belly to prevent these two from killing each other.

I went to the store today and to my amazement they had no rbp for sale above 1-2 inches. So I was forced.... hehe.... to buy a 3-4 inch ternetzi and put him in the tank. So now my tank has:

1 "green" Pygocentrus Nattereri
1 "super red" Pygocentrus Nattereri
1 "yellow" Pygcentrus Nattereri

They look ultra cool together and are already shoaling well. I will have pics tomorrow!

BTW, at Riverdale, I saw a 11-13 inch Ternetzi, a couple 13-16 inch Piraya, a few 12-16 inch Rhoms...it freegin rocked.

I promise pics tomorrow!

·
I HAVE THE SOUVLAKI POWER!!!!!
3,689 Posts
Beautifull tank you have...

PICS...PICS...PICS....

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
That is all the colors natt tank.
That it self is a awsome shoel! Yes pics is a must. You east siders are spoiled with your close piranha stores
Man a 16 inch piraya is a awsome site to see

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey whats up all! i am new to the fury. its my 1 time wit reds?
i have been do'n tanks 4 a min know.i am looking 4 any help on the reds or ideads on how to set my tank.
thx.

[email protected]

110-- 8 --2" reds
55----2---16" oscars
45---1---7"oscar
25--1---6"reddevil
25---1--6"jackd.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
im eager for these pics...

i wish fish stores around here had other species of piranha besides red bellies.

every once in a great while i will see a spilo, but thats it

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
JesseD said:
im eager for these pics...

i wish fish stores around here had other species of piranha besides red bellies.

every once in a great while i will see a spilo, but thats it
better the having no p's in ur store
i miss home(buffalo ny) yes ny is illegal state but the right place had rbp,spilos and piraya they just werent labeled on the tanks
lol or when i was in mass just drive to rhode island and pick some up

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scarfish said:
Hey X, where is Riverdale located exactly?
Riverdale is off Kennelworth Avenue. I take 95 over the Wilson, 295 North to Kennelworth, and then its like 5 miles down the road. Not a bad store when you see around 100 baby caribe in a tank, and another 40 3-5 inmch caribe in a 300 gallon or so....e

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
pics
pics
pics

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Judazzz said:
Very nice, X
And now get us some pics...

btw: how much do they charge for all those different fish?
He said the largest piraya was a "2000 dollar fish". Small terns were ~80. I got mine for 60 because he was the smallest. Medium Terns were ~120. Pretty expensive but I have never seen so many baby caribe, juvi piraya, and juvi terns in one place. It was cool.

They had a manueli or 2 as well.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Quite a store!

Get some more pics up Mike. Me wanna see!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Xenon said:
BTW, at Riverdale, I saw a 11-13 inch Ternetzi, a couple 13-16 inch Piraya, a few 12-16 inch Rhoms...it freegin rocked.

I promise pics tomorrow!
nice collection you have mike...
hurry with those pic.

and damn i wish we had petstores like riverdale over here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts