Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 4 Reds together for about 10 months now and they are around 6-7inches, and I added 2 Caribes about 4 months ago and they are around 5-6inches in a 90gallon. I have never had a problem with fin nips, bites etc. until I walked by my tank and found this..

The Reds and my last Caribe hiding in the corner after I scooped the dead guy out..they hate the green net and freak out when they see it.

The crazy thing is I was reading a thread a few hours before this happened about their P getting owned and I was like im pretty lucky I havent had any bites or fin nips in the 10 months ive had them. Few hours later I walk by to find my Caribe hollowed out. I guess it just comes with the territory of keeping piranhas.

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
Another thing I still have him in the fridge wrapped in paper towel in a ziplock bag and was planning on keeping his skull even though he wasnt that large. I forgot where I saw the thread on how you would go about doing something like that. Any info or a link to a thread on the subject would be appreciated.

dang, what a waste of a caribe
I hate when any of my fish die but I would have rather had one of my Reds get owned. I would have been down to 3 Reds and 2 Caribes if that was the case but instead I have 4 Reds and 1 Caribe now.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
yeah, don't stress man. Sry for your loss. I have lost 5 fish in 3 months.
I too know how it feels to lose a cariba. And a bunch of wild reds. I think the tern owned a few himself. Coulpe did't get eaten, but had fatal gut wounds. Gotta pay to play the game. Sucks, but hey.................

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.