Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cariba have little white dots, it was only one of them at first but now all of them have em. I am very worried about their health can anyone help please?

Attachments

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
What you have there sir, is a case of "Ich."
Treat with meds and turn the temp up to 84.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were treated for ich before I got them, (supposedly) and I was assured that it was not ich. Are you sure that is what it is? and can it spread easily? I just recently put 3 p nats in with the cariba, should I take them out?

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
I've also seen threads like this where some call those parasitic egg sacs. This looks very similar. The most common suggestion of course was the whole hospital, medicine, salt bit and some other suggested taking them off by finger as well as doing the hospital, meds, salt.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I read the speedy reply about it being ich I put a dose of maracin in the tank. I will do it for the next 5 days like the directions say.......I guess it would be smart to take the natts out of the tank cause all of my caribe have these dots now, and if it is terminal I want to keep my losses at the 200 bucks I paid for the caribe and at least save the natts. I was going to go to mikeskillerfish here in denver tommorrow to p-u 2 piraya to complete my pygo tank, I guess I will hold off that dream for awhile.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I read the speedy reply about it being ich I put a dose of maracin in the tank. I will do it for the next 5 days like the directions say.......I guess it would be smart to take the natts out of the tank cause all of my caribe have these dots now, and if it is terminal I want to keep my losses at the 200 bucks I paid for the caribe and at least save the natts. I was going to go to mikeskillerfish here in denver tommorrow to p-u 2 piraya to complete my pygo tank, I guess I will hold off that dream for awhile.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Be sure to take all the carbon out of the filters if there is any present.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should I remove the natts? everything I have read about these spots has been related to caribe

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
read all the other threads about the white spots. I have tried to scrape them off. It doesn't work. No meds or salt doses have worked either. It's not ich. I think it is eggs or fungus. If you got it from a sponser, take it back. I would not accept a fish that looked like that....ever. Mine have it, but only about 5 white spots per fish. not bad at all, but still unacceptable. When you buy a fish, you should expect it to be in perfect condition. Sponsers should keep them until they are healthy.

EVERY CARIBA THAT HAS BEEN PURCHASED FROM ANY SPONSER IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS HAS BEEN INFFECTED WITH THESE BUMPS. REDICULOUS IMO!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is not ich, and nobody knows what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts