Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home to find my biggest P, Walter almost pitch black except very very shiny and sparkly. He is also much more yellow, almost gold. Also, his anal fin is almost black. This is a pic I took after the light was off for about five minutes and his color had faded significantly, but you can still see the black anal fin and the darker, yellower complexion. all the areas that are light in the picture were almost jet black.

does this mean anything? or is it just color changing. let me know. he's gettin big isnt he? real thick.

peace

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Pretty sure he's just changing into his usual colors. I don't see anything abnormal about him. Looks good

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
nice thick red u got there man...hes just changing into his adult color IMO...and how big is he?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the comments, ima try and post another pic of how dark he was befor ei turned the lights out tonight so come back tonight.

redragon - he's about 6.5 inches now, hard to get a good measurement tho he's probably a lil bigger. he's gettin real thick n mean.

but i do only have two piranhas in the tank at the moment, they been like that for about a month and the fin nipping is really only beginning now. not that much aggresssion between them but i still think im gonna let walter (in pic) have his own space in a lil while once i can find someone trustworthy to take the dude (other red) off my hands.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Looks like he's really turning into a beast.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
nice fish.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My reds go from charcoal black to their normal colors almost on a daily basis. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts