Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, the 2 rbp i have bought are sick, they have whit spot on the skin and one of them is in a critittical state, he is near the surface, and don't eat, i think he will dead this night, but it's strange, my water is good, no nitrits,or other bad things...
i am sad, i use medecine, but i dont believe that run...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Does it look like sugar? - if it does it is "white spot" and can be treated with medication, but remember to half the dose because piranhas have sensative thin scales or something.

if they are large white blotches then it could be slime desiese - again this needs medication.

do you have a pic?

I would do a 30% water change as it is always a good idea when you have an ill fish.

to desiese and paracites forum

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use medecine, i make a pic in the evening, water change is not a godd idear, water temp : 26 C° (°celcius)
i up the temp to 28 C° now ?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If it is Ich, that is how I cleared it up. I added salt and uped the temp 4 degrees F. I dont know the conversion to C. I would wait for a final word on what it is before taking any drastic action.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thet state of baby are CRTITICALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

water change : 1/2 temp : 30c° medecine: para white spot
i make all my possible but they will dead, i am IN RAGGGGE :sad:

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Well I like Reggae, to!!!
Oh you meant RAGE!!

Good Luck with your Ps. You should have a hospt tank just in case of these emergencies. Dont really wanna infect all your other fish. Do your water change to try and help reduce the spread. Good Luck man!!!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
memen said:
thet state of baby are CRTITICALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

water change : 1/2 temp : 30c° medecine: para white spot
i make all my possible but they will dead, i am IN RAGGGGE :sad:
don't you have a kettle?

why would it be 1/2 the temp?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what is a kettle ?
1/2 the temp .???????

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you boil water in a kettle,

I was just wondering why you cant do a water change?

·
Registered
711 Posts
yeah, i just did a conversion and 30 C = 86 F... thats pretty damn hot... i hope you have an air stone in there...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its a pretty hot but it"s for kill the mushroom, i have a "air stone" in my tank, its timeto meto go to bed, so i ll speak about my rbp tommorow in the morning, in thenight for america !

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
it does not have anything to do with your water quaity..your fish might have stress out from the travel and new enviroment change.your temp is way too high.they were probably in a way coolerwater system before you added them to your tank..also the hotter the water the less oxygen it contains..so lower it alittle..i say keep it around 80-82.lower your temp and add some salt..hopefully they make it..and remeber if this is your plant tank do add chemicals you will only burn them...

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
up the temp because ich dont do well in high temps (82 degree and up). water change ( 50%) every other day. add salt after every water change and take out your carbon from your media. do no stress the fish and maybe no feeding it for a couple of days. turn off the lights also. those are the steps i do to fight ich. after a week or so they should disapear. you fish may also no move much due to the temperature rise.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you don't need your tank at 86 - it is too hot

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it's too late, i have do all my possible, but this morning , one of them is dead and the other in few our later....
i have never confronted against a piranha "sick",

1 - 20 of 23 Posts