Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had my reds for a month now and
WOW
do they grow fast. One has been attacked but is surving with one eye. my tank has finally cleared up. They are getting darker too. Hopefully one day i will have baby reds.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Reds do grow fast. You really cant even tell. Well I can't because I see them everyday. But when I have a friend that sees them maybe once every few weeks. They can tell they have grown a lot.

I have a spilo and I got him at 1" and he is already at 2+". I mean since I see him everyday it doesnt look like he has grown much but when I think back to how thin he was when i first got him, he has grown a lot.

GOod luck with those baby reds.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
My reds grew pretty fast as well: they gained 3-4" in about 4 months. But now their growth seems to have slowed down a bit.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Black Piranha said:
One has been attacked but is surving with one eye.
. Well congradulations and welcome to the One Eyed Freak Club

If this fish continues to get picked on you will need to isolate it in order for its survival. This is what I did for my Red, it was a rescue mission for me

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I love how fast reds grow. I have had these boys for about a week and a half and they are still in that quick growth faze and my friend said that he can tell they have grown. I see them all the time and think that they just got fatter, but i am sure they gained some lenght already to. It's not uncommon to have reds grow about a quarter of an inch a week when juvies. Mine will be be bigguns before I know it.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts