Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
do you have them eating crazy exotice stuff like fruit and veggies and seeds or what? they look cool. i've no experience with them; how are they?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, they eat almost any seed. The eat some dried fruits. Haven't tried veggies yet.
They look 30 times cooler in person. They have more irridescence (sorta green a bit). They're still a little skittish but not much.
Pretty soon I'll start shooting some feeding vids and hopefully it'll do them more justice than these crap pics.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those last three pics were taken like last week. I could snap some more tomorrow. I might take em at feeding time...

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Totally sweet dent shoal. Can't wait to see more pics

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
You've got quite an impressive shoal of denti's

I really know nothing about them, so how are they tempered and haven't you got any problems with shoaling the four of them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When they were smaller, they would fin nip each other, but they've passed that stage now. Now they are always on the same side of the tank together.
They are sorta reluctant to eat feeders, they have to be pretty hungry. but I guess that's cause they are more omnivorous.
Ya I gotta get soem more pics tomorrow.
thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Your Dents are looking nice. With 4 in the tank, and from the looks of it having both male and female (lobed vs. non-lobed anal fin), hopefully you'll have a breeding pair!!

I'm hoping as my Dents get older, I'll be fortunate enough to have a breeding pair.

Looking good and thanks for sharing!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts