Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 baby rbs I had are only one, now. They got along fine until I decided to give them feeder guppies. Unfortunately, I didn't watch them to closely and three piranha all got eaten, I'm assuming because I didn't feed them regularly and the remaining piranha ate them out of hunger. My question is, why didn't he just eat the smaller feeders? A Few of the feeders were eaten within a day or so after they were introduced, but some of them outlived the piranhas. The guppies were too small for more than one piranha to eat, and I think the dominant guy ate the guppies and the others started to starve and then the dominant guy ate them, but this is just guessing. Can anyone tell me why they died before the guppies?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Correct me anyone here if i am wrong i believe the other three piranhas are stressed so the one who ate them noticed they're movement and started picking on them instead. Guppies can handle any kind of water condition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fliptasciouz said:
Correct me anyone here if i am wrong i believe the other three piranhas are stressed so the one who ate them noticed they're movement and started picking on them instead. Guppies can handle any kind of water condition.
[snapback]860379[/snapback]​
shouldn't the guppies be more stressed than the ps? what does guppies handling any water condition have to do with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts