Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i came home last night and went to feed my fish, when i got to my pygo tank i count 6 instead of 7 fish, i already knew they had a feast, it was my smallest red missing and my largest reds belly was so fat he looked like he was about to explode. i wish i could post pics but there was nothing left over, i combed the sand, checked everywhere, they all had to eat the head and everything. i would expect this from my caribe's but for some reason i think my largest red was more then responsable, not only was his stomach the fattest by far but he's been very aggresive latly towards all the fish and his color has even changed,

his back got dark as hell almost black and his belly flared up a bright red alost like flames riding up his side, very beautiful but i think it could also be a sign of his aggresivness. i probably should and have been told to reduce the temp from 82 to 78, but theyre much more active in 82 degree water, no longer swim around the bottom of the tank, theyre all over the place especially the top of the tank..

big time change in thier attitude with in the last month, i walk up to the tank, they no longer swim away, they just sit there and swim back and forth in the front of the tank occasionaly stopping and staring at me,i put my fingers up against the glass the other day to see if they grew any balls, and they swam toward my fingers, then would swim away, swim back ect, looked like they were trying to get a closer look.. so then i rolled up a 100 dollar bill and held the tip against the side of the glass, the caribe ignored me just sitting there but 3 of my reds including the fat ass came and started striking at the glass..this is a first for me so was excited.

i dont know if it has to do with adding the intensity the careibe brought to the tank or the reds just maturing, but to all that have baby reds..be patient, before getting rid of them, my reds used to be complete pussies:lol:.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Death in # said:
sorry hear that he died
but it sounds like they are getting out of there shell
[snapback]822870[/snapback]​
yeah, hope i ddn't seem happy in the original post, i feel for the little guy, he used to be more agressive then the rest of the reds and grew on me..i always root for the underdog :laugh: but at the same time, i've been happy with the recent activity from my reds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.