Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the first pics of the 150 without the pbass. The gold spilo is shoaling nice for now with the red bellies, but once my ternetzi get big enough to go in the 150, the spilo will be going to a different tank.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The plants that you see floating are water sprite. I bought 3 little bunches a couple years ago, and now I have more than I need. I usually end up throwing out a bunch of it every once in a while. I also have some water lettuce floating on the top of the tank too. I think having so much plant life on the top of the tank keeps the red bellies from being as skittish. They aren't nervous with people around the tank at all.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
I like your tank especially your plants.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Lucky Luciano said:
Nice Setup. Like the plants too. Does the Spilo nip the Red's fins a lot?
Ditto with the props
, and would like to know about the same question asked...

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nice planted tank...want to see more pics of your Reds and Spilo!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Largemouth,

Are you the same person who posted a pbass tank on predatoryfish with a large driftwood and several floating plants. Must say that was one of the best natural pbass setup ive seen in a while. Anyways cool to see that your also keeping P's. How large is the ternetzi? Is it very active?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone!
sh*t, I forgot I posted pics here, now I got lots of questions to answer.

As for nipping, there was some at first, then it died down, and now the spilo has taken some good bites out of their tails, so I am going to RI this weekend to trade in the spilo for some more reds. I was hoping my 3 ternetzi would be big enough to go in the 150, and the spilo would take over the 38 gallon that the terns are in now, but that hasn't worked. The terns are still too small, and I don't want the spilo taking any more bites out of the reds.
To add to the tank juggling, I plan on ordering a few caribe and hopefully a piraya soon. I am going to be putting them in my 75 gallon tank, so all the inhabitants of that tank now need to be moved elsewhere. There are 3 small festae, 2 small motaguense, 2 channa gachua, and 2 bullhead cats in that tank. I might be trading them in as well since I am now completely addicted to piranha.

I will try to get some better shots of the p's soon. I have been using black water extract in my p tanks lately, trying to replicate amazon water and stimulate growth, so getting decent pictures has been tough.

HOLLYWOOD- I am the same largemouth you have seen on pfish with the planted pbass tank. That is actually the tank that the red bellies and spilo are in right now. I had to get rid of the pbass. They were getting very big, and I wanted them to have a bigger home.

Hopefully that answers all your questions. Thanks again for the compliments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.