Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is my 125gallon. it sucks i need help guys. im planning on putting 2 4-6" rbps in it and getting some more but dime sizes. looks good or no? i got 2 small convicts and some other fish i don't know what it is.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
rofl i don't know. i wanna buy a custom made background from a site i saw. it was an amazonian based background, tell me what you think?
http://www.aquarium-background.com/catalogue.asp
The amazon look nice. Just paint the back of the tank black. But the tank is nice just needs a little more elbow grease on the glass cause you can see the salt deposits running down and on the heater. And does that light go with the tank?

And get a nice ass piece of driftwood that would look good in there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol no. the light belonged to my 250gallon reef tank. the one for this tank just died on me for no reason, probably dead bulbs. lol ill try cleaning the glass. but i don't know if i can clean the heater. it was wayyy worse then it is now. lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
that tank will be sufficient for 1 p at the 6 inch mark and they get there wthin a yr from dime size . . .

if u have two p's in there . . . i dunno how long that will last because one will ALWAYS be getting picked on . . . thats why it's suggested minimum 3 p's

since ur getting them dime size . .. u could go with like 10 or 20 BUT that wont last long . . .

imo u can do more than 2 for a SHORT TERM KICK, but . . . long term i'd do one p in there, 2 is risky, especially if they're the same sex

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I dont know if you have another tank that you could put your Ps once they reach the 6 inch mark. But IMO, you should get a tank with a larger footprint. A deep tank is not as important for piranhas but rather a tank with a bigger (longer) footprint. They need space to swim from one side to another. They wont swim up and down as much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.